+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After PR application is apporved - next steps

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Finally after 2 years+ and thousands of dollars later I have my PR :)…..wait…..not quite yet as there are more steps meaning more money to pay out. :mad:

Can anyone who has been through this help answer the following two questions:

1. I have received a letter from the CIC office in Ottawa asking for a copy of my passport but they were not clear, do they just mean a copy of your identification page of your passport or a copy of every page in your passport? As in the past I remember I had to copy every stamped page in my passport along with the ID page of my passport.

2. Secondly, they have asked me to purchase x2 prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes - and I apologise in advance if it is a dumb question but is this because one envelope is for them to return documents to me and the other is for me to send out my documents? If so, do I use the Canada Post address (PO Box) or the Courier address they provided me? Or do they need 2 return envelopes?

Also if anyone knows any cheap places to take my photos in downtown Toronto please let me know, as Blacks are charging $23.99 + tax just for 2 photos!!!

Thank you!

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Congrats on being almost done!

If you're an inland applicant and from a visa-exempt country, you will only need to send a copy of the ID page of your passport. No need to copy any of the stamped pages. That is, I only sent the ID page copy and that was enough.

And yes, you buy one Xpresspost envelope for sending your documents to Ottawa, and the other one for them to send the finalized docs back to you. You will need to pre-fill the return envelope with your address and fold it inside the outgoing envelope. When you go to Canada Post they will make sure you do it right - when I sent mine I was so stressed out that something's going to go wrong at the last step that I made the clerk stand right next to me the whole time I was filling out the envelopes. :D

If you use the Xpresspost envelopes, you need to use the PO box address. It's not the end of the world if you put down the courier address instead, but the correct answer to this is the PO box address. :)

Also, make sure that you include a printout of the PPR email and biodata form in your document package - the PPR email is super vague about this, so just a headsup that you don't miss it. Print the entire PPR email (it'll be like 7 pages or something), and look past the French translation. At the very end there's a simple form that asks for your name, eye colour and height. That's the biodata form. Fill it in and send the entire stack of papers along with the copies and photos.

Finally, I'm in BC so I can't help with finding a cheaper place to get the photos (I was just going to say London Drugs but turns out there are no London Drugses in Ontario... so weird), but wherever you go make sure that they take the right size. You need immigration size photos, not passport size. Easiest way to confirm this is to go to the link in the PPR email and print the instruction sheet to take with you when you go take the photos.

Good luck!!

Carol1972

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO- transfered to Ottowa january 15
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 March 2014
Doc's Request.
15th May 2014
Nomination.....
November 2013 AINP
AOR Received.
June 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
In process 18th March 2014
Med's Request
may 2014 and January 2017 2nd medical requested
Med's Done....
May 2014 and January 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
2nd march 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
Already landed
If your a member of the AMA auto cover you can get them free ☺☺ Your photographs I mean

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
liisa227 said:
Congrats on being almost done!

If you're an inland applicant and from a visa-exempt country, you will only need to send a copy of the ID page of your passport. No need to copy any of the stamped pages. That is, I only sent the ID page copy and that was enough.

And yes, you buy one Xpresspost envelope for sending your documents to Ottawa, and the other one for them to send the finalized docs back to you. You will need to pre-fill the return envelope with your address and fold it inside the outgoing envelope. When you go to Canada Post they will make sure you do it right - when I sent mine I was so stressed out that something's going to go wrong at the last step that I made the clerk stand right next to me the whole time I was filling out the envelopes. :D

If you use the Xpresspost envelopes, you need to use the PO box address. It's not the end of the world if you put down the courier address instead, but the correct answer to this is the PO box address. :)

Also, make sure that you include a printout of the PPR email and biodata form in your document package - the PPR email is super vague about this, so just a headsup that you don't miss it. Print the entire PPR email (it'll be like 7 pages or something), and look past the French translation. At the very end there's a simple form that asks for your name, eye colour and height. That's the biodata form. Fill it in and send the entire stack of papers along with the copies and photos.

Finally, I'm in BC so I can't help with finding a cheaper place to get the photos (I was just going to say London Drugs but turns out there are no London Drugses in Ontario... so weird), but wherever you go make sure that they take the right size. You need immigration size photos, not passport size. Easiest way to confirm this is to go to the link in the PPR email and print the instruction sheet to take with you when you go take the photos.

Good luck!!
Hi I have one question
After landing we need to change our SIN from service canada
But my question is do I need to give to my current employer the new SIN
If yes then when end of 2015 we will receive T4 or NOA
CRA will send two NOA bcz one year two different SIN will be used
Or as soon as I change with service canada
CRA will also update
Thanks

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Need Canadian Pr said:
Hi I have one question
CRA will also update
Thanks
I'm not sure how this works. You can ask about it at Service Canada when you go update your SIN, or just call CRA!

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
liisa227 ;) thank you soo much! I am just being over cautious as I am nearly at the finish line and don't want to mess it up.

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
juliabear said:
liisa227 ;) thank you soo much! I am just being over cautious as I am nearly at the finish line and don't want to mess it up.
I know and it's OK! It's scary for sure, but you'll be fine. :D

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Need Canadian Pr said:
Hi I have one question
CRA will also update
Thanks
Congrats! Regarding the SIN and T4s;

- you give your new SIN number to your employer so they can update their records.
- you will get ONE T4 for 2015 including ALL your hours for 2015, those linked to your old SIN and new SIN.
- if you have not filed taxes for 2014 yet but you file it AFTER you get your new SIN, use your NEW number when filing. Even if your T4 that you are filing with has your old one on it.
- your old SIN is linked to your new one when Service Canada creates the new one. That way Canada Revenue Agency, the credit bureaus(Equifax, Transunion), banks etc. get updated automatically at the new reporting period(the next statement date for example for your credit card). Give 30-60 for your credit report to reflect your new SIN number. If still the same, you can call in for a manual change.