+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After passport submission, how long does it take to get the Visa!

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
Today it is three weeks since I sent my passport, and foreign travel history to CHC, ND.

Are they working these days? Or gone holidaying?

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi PPB,
I think, they will start something now. It has been more than one month for me and no news!
Happy Waiting! Hope it will over soon!! ) :

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
Yes Tina, we should hear from them soon now. Maybe the holiday season and getting back to their own families pepped up the IOs to get back to doing what they should be- uniting family members awaiting immigration!

Uhhh???

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi all,
so finally I have got "DECISION MADE" in the e-client status.
So, it didn't take much time I suppose. We started in July end. Our one month got wasted as we missed some documents and we had to submit them when the application was in process.
PPB, please check the online status.
Thank You all.

os50

Jan 3, 2009
in my parents case pssports received by the embassy on 30/12/2008 and the visas issued on 05/01/2009 .

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
S/he mentions Parents!!

Btw Tina, did you get any mail with your visa yet? My eCAS remains the same still.

TinaP said:
Hi 0s50,
Which kind of visa that was?

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi PPB,
No yaar, my busband has not received the post so far! I have seen in some cases that even though the send the PP using India speedpost, it can take two weeks also.
You have filed on 8th Dec (around one week after me), so I am hoping for your good news in one/two weeks. My best wishes to you.
To 0s50, I wanted to ask that whether he/she is talking about visitor visa, as my hubby and my in-laws had visited Canada on visitor visa and it takes only one week for whole procedure. In Visitor visa, the original passport goes with the application forms through VFS and it cames with/without stamp back in 5 days.
Have a nice day.

os50

Jan 3, 2009
immigrant visas in my parents case , started processing on 11/10/2007 and visas issued on 05/01/2009 through Ciro Office.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
That's great0s50,
Congratualtions! Yeah, I have heard that in some cases they just give the visa in one week and some can be extended for uptp one year too.
I have one question for you, can you please post your timelines for your parents!
I have filed sponsorship for my mum in Feb 07 and still have not heard anything.
Have you filed your parents' file using agent or by yourself. I want to know that, "do they write letter to you directly or to your agent?"

Thank You,

os50

Jan 3, 2009
Thanks Tina P , I applied on july 5,2005 in Canada got approved on september 17,2007 and then we sent the permnant residence application to the cairo office on september 29,2007 . Medicals done on november 20,2008 and the passport request was received on december 23,2008 and on january 5,2009 visas were issued . I never used any agent and all the communications from the embassy were done via e.mail address except for the medicals instruction which were sent by mail.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thankyou 0s50,
So, it toook more than 2 years for sponsorship approval, I think, I should wait for some time, as yest two years are not over for my sponsorship application.
Have a nice day,

punjabi_girl

Jan 8, 2009
Hi everyone

Can anyone advice as to what formalities has to be done for the accompanying goods, jewellery etc? How many set of pictures, lists has to be made? Is there any limit for the jewellery? I have applied under family class(spouse) from ND.

V

vd

Hi all,

I am new to this site. My husband has applied for a PR and we submitted the application in Oct 2008.
We received a letter that the documents have been moved to New Delhi and that the processing of my application has begun in Nov 2008 at New Delhi. However, I was asked to submit a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Malaysia since I stayed in Malaysia for 6 months 15 days in the year 2005.
The Malaysian police authorities or the Consular divsion of foreign affairs do not issue any letter if the stay was for less than one year. I wrote an e-mail to an official at the consular division Malaysia and she replied back saying that they do not have any authority to issue a refusal letter. I submitted the print out of the email conversation tht I received. Also, I was asked to submit my passports on Dec 13th, 2008.
Though it hasnt been a month yet, I worried about the PCC issue. I think I saw somewhere that they will waive off the PCC requirement if I can clearly demonstrate the difficulty in getting one. Also, I got tht email from an official who actually issues the PCC in Malaysia. So, I am guessing that there will be a waiver and I will be issued the visa soon, though I do not know how long they will take to issue the visa. By Jan 17th 2009 it will be a month since I would have sent my passports to New Delhi.

Any thoughts on the PCC and has anyone experienced such a situation..and has any got any waiver before?
A written explanation explaining the problem to get a PCC will do..still just checking for more resources....

Would appreciate any kind of help on this matter....

Thanks,
VD.