+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After landing time limit to stay in the Canada

himanshu232

May 19, 2010
Hi All,

Recently I have been instructed for medical exam from London canadian embassy. If I go forward for medical right now, I hope to get the the results of PR application from embassy within two months.

I understood that I will get time period of 1 year after medical to land in Canada. My plan is to land in the Canada after 2 years from medical examination because I am waiting for PR in the UK after 2 years.

So is it possible to extend the time-line for another year? Or when I will get the landing documents, I will go to Canada at the end of the time period, do stamping and come back to the UK and probably do some visits in between 1 year time and after that move permanently?

Regards,

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
himanshu232 said:
Hi All,

Recently I have been instructed for medical exam from London canadian embassy. If I go forward for medical right now, I hope to get the the results of PR application from embassy within two months.

I understood that I will get time period of 1 year after medical to land in Canada. My plan is to land in the Canada after 2 years from medical examination because I am waiting for PR in the UK after 2 years.

So is it possible to extend the time-line for another year? Or when I will get the landing documents, I will go to Canada at the end of the time period, do stamping and come back to the UK and probably do some visits in between 1 year time and after that move permanently?

Regards,
Sorry

No option

u have to land in Canada within one year of medicals...or visa expiry whichever is earlier

himanshu232

May 19, 2010
Ok that's fine, but after landing, what is the time minimum limit to stay in the canada in order to keep up my PR ?

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hello himanshu232,

Permanent residency rules in UK are going to change in july 2011 anyway and your ILR is due after that so i suggest Not postponing the canadian residency if u prefer moving there.
I am also in London visa office and 2nd my full package Y'day ..quite early stages..

what are your time lines ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
himanshu232 said:
Ok that's fine, but after landing, what is the time minimum limit to stay in the canada in order to keep up my PR ?
1. Your landing is Not Connected to the Medicals*... it is connected to the 'Visa Expiry Date', which'll be written on your Visa/s. If u do not make it to Canada on or before that date... u have lost your opportunity.

2. To maintain your PR status, u have to 'reside' in Canada for 3yrs in every 5yrs [rolling period]. There r guys who have again lost it for want of this rule.

*It's another matter that the visa's expiry date is linked to either 1yr from meds or the expiry dates of anyone's pps in your family... whichever is earlier.

Qorax

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
1. Your landing is Not Connected to the Medicals*... it is connected to the 'Visa Expiry Date', which'll be written on your Visa/s. If u do not make it to Canada on or before that date... u have lost your opportunity.

2. To maintain your PR status, u have to 'reside' in Canada for 3yrs in every 5yrs [rolling period]. There r guys who have again lost it for want of this rule.

*It's another matter that the visa's expiry date is linked to either 1yr from meds or the expiry dates of anyone's pps in your family... whichever is earlier.

Qorax
5yrs [rolling period]. what does rolling means you can have break in this 3 years like vacation to india?

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Yes . You can take break in between like

2 Years in Canada
6 Months in your Native country
Again 1 Years in Canada
1 Years in your Native country

So in this case you have completed 3 years .

himanshu232

May 19, 2010
DeepakBabbar said:
Hello himanshu232,

Permanent residency rules in UK are going to change in july 2011 anyway and your ILR is due after that so i suggest Not postponing the canadian residency if u prefer moving there.
I am also in London visa office and 2nd my full package Y'day ..quite early stages..

what are your time lines ?
Thanks Deepak,

According to canada immigration timeline, I assume that I have to be in the canada before MAY 2011. I never thought the process would be so fast. I projected atleast two years after my application in DECEMBER 2009 to London. My UK PR is due in MARCH 2012. So my idea is if I could pass one more year after in the UK, I can get the PR for the UK and plan to move to canada. But seems it is not possible.

By the way I am not aware of the changes in the UK immigration from JULY 2011 ? What are the rules going to change ? What is your situation in the UK ?

Rgds,