+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After getting CSQ, Seniors please help !! some information required

Pratzal

Mar 23, 2011
Hi,

I am a student in Canada and applied for CSQ from Montreal iin September 2010. Since I hadn't studied in Montreal full time so my file was shifted to my country of residence that is India. I have an interview coming up in November 2012 at New Delhi. So I want to know few things.

1. If my file has been transferred to India does that mean that I can apply for Federal PR from India also? or do I have to come back to Montreal and apply from there?

2. Also, can I apply for Federal PR from any place in Canada or do I have to specifically apply from Montreal? I will land in Montreal if my interview is successful. I want to visit my relatives in Alberta for Christmas. And I want to stay there for the whole of December so I thought I will post my application from there.

I request the senior members out here to guide me. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
Pratzal said:
Hi,

I am a student in Canada and applied for CSQ from Montreal iin September 2010. Since I hadn't studied in Montreal full time so my file was shifted to my country of residence that is India. I have an interview coming up in November 2012 at New Delhi. So I want to know few things.

1. If my file has been transferred to India does that mean that I can apply for Federal PR from India also? or do I have to come back to Montreal and apply from there?

2. Also, can I apply for Federal PR from any place in Canada or do I have to specifically apply from Montreal? I will land in Montreal if my interview is successful. I want to visit my relatives in Alberta for Christmas. And I want to stay there for the whole of December so I thought I will post my application from there.

I request the senior members out here to guide me. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
hi
first of all i think they shifted your file to india because you filled your residence address in india
1- you can apply from canada if you prove that you have valid visa for 1 year after csq otherwise you will apply from india
2-if you prove that you have valid visa untill that date then sure you can apply from canada