+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Citizenship Ceremony - Getting degree evaluated

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello everyone!

I have to get my USA degree evaluated, so it's accepted by Canadian government related jobs. Does anyone know how we go about getting our copies of degree and university transcripts certified affidavit? I was told by officials I cannot get the copies certified by Canadian people, it has to be done by Americans. I asked the USA embassy here if they can do it, and they don't certify copies of education paperwork either. I'm so confused now, how do I get this done? I have to literally leave USA to do this? How does this make sense?

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Anthony_nyc said:
Hello everyone!

I have to get my USA degree evaluated, so it's accepted by Canadian government related jobs. Does anyone know how we go about getting our copies of degree and university transcripts certified affidavit? I was told by officials I cannot get the copies certified by Canadian people, it has to be done by Americans. I asked the USA embassy here if they can do it, and they don't certify copies of education paperwork either. I'm so confused now, how do I get this done? I have to literally leave USA to do this? How does this make sense?
Please tell me you're kidding? They really want you to get a degree from the United States of America evaluated? If they asked me to get my UC Berkeley degree "evaluated" I would tell them to take a hike and eff off and stick it where the sun don't shine!! ::) ....STUPID MENTALLY DEFICIENT sore losers!! ::)

So in other words if someone got a degree from the MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, STANFORD or CALTECH, the top institutions in the world, they would actually ask you to evaluate it versus some stupid worthless degree from Canada?

FYI, Canada does not even have a University in the top 10 rankings in the world. Here's a hint: most of them are from the US of A ::) ...I don't even think they have one in the top 20. What a bunch of nutjobs, who can't differentiate what they need to evaluate and what they don't ::) If the degree is from some 3rd world country then you evaluate it. If not you don't! Simple as that ::)

Anyways, now that I'm done with my rant, you most likely will have to get it evaluated by some agency such as WES (see link below). The same one we used when applying for Permanent Residence through streams such as Federal Skilled Worker.

http://www.wes.org/

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
OK now that I read your post more carefully, are they asking you to have the degree EVALUATED or to get CERTIFIED TRANSCRIPTS from the University? These are 2 completely different things.

If they simply need certified transcripts, you will need to contact the university you attended in the US. Contact the Office of the Registrar (all universities will have a link to this on their website). You will have to order OFFICIAL copies of the transcripts directly from the University and have them sent in sealed envelops to the place you're applying to (virtually every single university in the US has this facility available to their students).

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
747-captain said:
Please tell me you're kidding? They really want you to get a degree from the United States of America evaluated? If they asked me to get my UC Berkeley degree "evaluated" I would tell them to take a hike and eff off and stick it where the sun don't shine!! ::) ....STUPID MENTALLY DEFICIENT sore losers!! ::)

So in other words if someone got a degree from the MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, STANFORD or CALTECH, the top institutions in the world, they would actually ask you to evaluate it versus some stupid worthless degree from Canada?

FYI, Canada does not even have a University in the top 10 rankings in the world. Here's a hint: most of them are from the US of A ::) ...I don't even think they have one in the top 20. What a bunch of nutjobs, who can't differentiate what they need to evaluate and what they don't ::) If the degree is from some 3rd world country then you evaluate it. If not you don't! Simple as that ::)

Anyways, now that I'm done with my rant, you most likely will have to get it evaluated by some agency such as WES (see link below). The same one we used when applying for Permanent Residence through streams such as Federal Skilled Worker.

http://www.wes.org/
lol respect.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Anthony_nyc said:
Hello everyone!

There are dozens of Education Evaluation Agencies across USA and Canada.

Trustforte, NY, USA is leading educational evaluation agency, recognized by USA and Canadian companies. However, you need to specify the reason why you need the education evaluation.

They charges under US$200. http://www.trustfortecorp.com/academic.html

I believe for TN Visa, the format could be different, do inform them.