+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Hi Barats, have you completed bgc yet?
If yes, can you please share how long you waited between AOR2 and for BGC to start?
Thanks!
It's different file to file but for me it started arround after 7 months. Between that time my eligibility criminality and medical was passed at the last they do security check that takes longer.
What's your timeline?

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
It's different file to file but for me it started arround after 7 months. Between that time my eligibility criminality and medical was passed at the last they do security check that takes longer.
What's your timeline?
Oh ok thanks for sharing! And ya mine is the same in the sense that both criminality and medical have passed. I am still waiting on BGC - currently this still says "not applicable."

Timeline:
App received - April 19th
AOR1 - May 19th
AOR2 - July 26th

Medical expired back on December 13th - I'm sure this is going to cause additional delay as well. But anyways, I know we have a long way to go. It's just frustrating because since NDVO received our application, we haven't heard anything from them.

Reactions: Barats

ForeverMB

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
31-01-2017 and 28-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-08-2016 AOR2 07-09-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
Hi, how long did you have to wait until your background checks started? Like when did you receive AOR2?
Hey my AOR2 was September 7, 2016 so that was around 5 months.
And i got additional document request on January 2017 and eligibility was passed on February. after that I haven’t heard anything until october 2017. They asked police certificate from Turkey which was already sent when i applied. But idk why they asked again. Ordered notes still waiting. Emailed NDVO they replied saying bgc check is in process.

ForeverMB

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
31-01-2017 and 28-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-08-2016 AOR2 07-09-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
If you haven't received it email them that you haven't received it yet then the next day you will get it. It happened the same with me I got mine the next day I emailed them.
I did. I emailed them on November 14 got auto reply next day and they sent another email on December 8 stating that they will send it as soon as possible, But im still waiting

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Oh ok thanks for sharing! And ya mine is the same in the sense that both criminality and medical have passed. I am still waiting on BGC - currently this still says "not applicable."

Timeline:
App received - April 19th
AOR1 - May 19th
AOR2 - July 26th

Medical expired back on December 13th - I'm sure this is going to cause additional delay as well. But anyways, I know we have a long way to go. It's just frustrating because since NDVO received our application, we haven't heard anything from them.
Okay good but did you do MP enquirie so far? Order notes you can see all the details about your application

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
I did. I emailed them on November 14 got auto reply next day and they sent another email on December 8 stating that they will send it as soon as possible, But im still waiting
I see, you can try e-mail them again. I hope you will get it soon. It happened the same with me too but when I did email I got my notes the next day. Good luck

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Hey my AOR2 was September 7, 2016 so that was around 5 months.
And i got additional document request on January 2017 and eligibility was passed on February. after that I haven’t heard anything until october 2017. They asked police certificate from Turkey which was already sent when i applied. But idk why they asked again. Ordered notes still waiting. Emailed NDVO they replied saying bgc check is in process.
BGC is still in process?! Seriously. That's ridiculous.
That's good. Atleast you got a reply from NDVO. I have emailed them 3 times now, and each time I waited one month in between but never got a response from them.
Do you mind if I ask, what was your additional document request?

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Okay good but did you do MP enquirie so far? Order notes you can see all the details about your application
Yes I ordered notes one time back on September 27th, 2017 and that's where I saw that medical and criminality had passed. It also said security not started. At that time file location was FCU-DIS (whatever that means lol). Those notes are long and detailed - but they are cryptic and maybe only 1 or 2 pages were actually useful.
And yes I also have MP involved. They're very kind people, but not very helpful lol - they just keep telling me what I already know.....

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Yes I ordered notes one time back on September 27th, 2017 and that's where I saw that medical and criminality had passed. It also said security not started. At that time file location was FCU-DIS (whatever that means lol). Those notes are long and detailed - but they are cryptic and maybe only 1 or 2 pages were actually useful.
And yes I also have MP involved. They're very kind people, but not very helpful lol - they just keep telling me what I already know.....
Lol what your MP said to you? What's your timeline?
Order notes again and see your application status.

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
So it seems like roughly between 5 and 7 months wait until bgc gets started. I've now been waiting over 5 months, so hopefully soon then inshAllah.
And this is just for the bgc to START haha... waiting for it to finish is a whole other thing!

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Lol what your MP said to you? What's your timeline?
Order notes again and see your application status.
Ya I want to wait a couple more weeks and then order them again. I read on other threads that people are having difficulty receiving their notes, and that it's takes longer than the normal 30 days. So I just don't want to stress myself with that right now lol
MP said to me same thing - that security has not started yet. We are just stuck on this one thing lol

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Ya I want to wait a couple more weeks and then order them again. I read on other threads that people are having difficulty receiving their notes, and that it's takes longer than the normal 30 days. So I just don't want to stress myself with that right now lol
MP said to me same thing - that security has not started yet. We are just stuck on this one thing lol
It depends how you apply. I applied on 1st Dec and I received on 2nd Jan it took one month for me. I applied again today.
When did you submitted your application?