+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghan Refugee Lives in Pakistan Interviewed in Islamabad

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
We live in Pakistan and my family interviewed on Dec, 2016 in islamabad and on May 2017 the medical done. Still waiting for visa or police check. i don't know whether after medical the police inspectors will come to our house for verification or not or the visa office will just send passport request letter for issuing visa.

Anybody can give idea or on the same situation ???

Last edited:
Reactions: arfatjan

Shab111

Nov 4, 2016
We live in Pakistan and my family interviewed on Dec, 2016 in islamabad and on May 2017 the medical done. Still waiting for visa or police check. i don't know whether after medical the police inspectors will come to our house for verification or not or the visa office will just send passport request letter for issuing visa.

Anybody can give idea or on the same situation ???
Hi,
How come your family did medical 5 moths after interview? We also live in pakistan and had interview on Dec,2016 and medical was done on Dec too, but since then we havent heard anything and waiting for exit clearance letter from embassy . As far i have information about it 6 or 7 months after medical the embassy sends exit clearance letter stating that the visa is issued and is forwarded to OIM . After police check the process takes 3 to 4 months till departure.

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi,
How come your family did medical 5 moths after interview? We also live in pakistan and had interview on Dec,2016 and medical was done on Dec too, but since then we havent heard anything and waiting for exit clearance letter from embassy . As far i have information about it 6 or 7 months after medical the embassy sends exit clearance letter stating that the visa is issued and is forwarded to OIM . After police check the process takes 3 to 4 months till departure.
Hi my family had medical on jan but only my father's medical reschedualed on may so this is the reason for delay.

- I dont know whether police will come to our house f yes how longer it take to come ?
- You said about clearance so after clearance police will come ?

Last edited:

Shab111

Nov 4, 2016
Hi my family had medical on jan but only my father's medical reschedualed on may so this is the reason for delay.

- I dont know whether police will come to our house f yes how longer it take to come ?
- You said about clearance so after clearance police will come ?
Yes, as you recieve the letter for clearance in that letter It is suggested that you should contact OIM for your exit clearance, so as you contact OIM then after a week or so police will visit your house 3 to 4 times for clearance .

Shab111

Nov 4, 2016
No , we havent recieved ours yet. We are waiting for it from almost 8 months.
- OIM or IOM stands (International Organization for Migration).
This organization arranges all departure documents for refugees (police clearance certificate, travel documents ,seminar, tickets)

Last edited:

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Very right. but i think the embassy will send to all of us that letter for clearance togather in one time cos me and you havnt received yet.

- How do you know about this letter for clearance that they will send to us before police check ?

- I heard some ppl they dont receive this letter and they will have to register their selfs in police station from their side cos they will get call from embassy and sometimes the embassy does this for ppl itself, after that the police check will comes and for some ppl this police check not happens at all. What you believe about this ?

Last edited:

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
I think this forum will be helpful for everyone and afghans to undrestand the situations and such issues. What do you say ? For me its fine we can also communicate via email but i suggest this forum is very helpful.

Shab111

Nov 4, 2016
No , many families whom i know they recieved clearance letter cause this letter assures abour the visa ,so after issuance of visa other process will take place which is police check ,arragements of travel documents and tickets. One of the families whom i know they recieved their exit clearance letter on April and they might have their flight by the end of August.

Last edited:

Shab111

Nov 4, 2016
Yes
I think this forum will be helpful for everyone and afghans to undrestand the situations and such issues. What do you say ? For me its fine we can also communicate via email but i suggest this forum is very helpful.
you are right, but some info cant be exchanged in public anyways as u wish.

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
OMG its really a long process. I sent mails to embassy to get the update status of application but they did not reply yet. How about you ? Do you have access to online account to check details of application in deep ? I tried so many times to activate but i failed.

Reactions: Yatta and arfatjan

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Thanks alot for your information. We will be in tauch till end of this and inshaallah will hear good newz soon.

Shab111

Nov 4, 2016
OMG its really a long process. I sent mails to embassy to get the update status of application but they did not reply yet. How about you ? Do you have access to online account to check details of application in deep ? I tried so many times to activate but i failed.
No, i think ouland refugee application cant be linked To CICaccount. Cause it has worked for no one whom have tried.

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
I've gone thrw other forums i found this on overall applications sometimes it work for some but doesnt for someoneels.