+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affidavit for financial support

commonName

Jan 22, 2024
Hello,

I am applying for a Canadian study permit along with my spouse and two children. I have paid one year tuition fee and GIC of 38,340 CAD. My parents have a joint bank account and I have asked for their support to make my case stronger. Can somebody help me write an affidavit, please? Should I mention that my parents will support me and my family's expenses in the affidavit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for a Canadian study permit along with my spouse and two children. I have paid one year tuition fee and GIC of 38,340 CAD. My parents have a joint bank account and I have asked for their support to make my case stronger. Can somebody help me write an affidavit, please? Should I mention that my parents will support me and my family's expenses in the affidavit?
Are you doing a Masters/PhD? You are married with kids so parents accounts will not strengthen your profile. In fact, it weakens it. Strong profile - show career/education progression to justify costs.

commonName

Jan 22, 2024
Are you doing a Masters/PhD? You are married with kids so parents accounts will not strengthen your profile. In fact, it weakens it. Strong profile - show career/education progression to justify costs.
I am applying for Master's. I have inherited property and gold from my parents, which I have mentioned in SOP along with the valuation report. After fee and GIC, I don't have enough funds in my Bank account, nor does my husband have sufficient bank statement. In the new IRCC portal, there is a requirement to upload "Funds (proof)". That is why I asked my parents to support.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am applying for Master's. I have inherited property and gold from my parents, which I have mentioned in SOP along with the valuation report. After fee and GIC, I don't have enough funds in my Bank account, nor does my husband have sufficient bank statement. In the new IRCC portal, there is a requirement to upload "Funds (proof)". That is why I asked my parents to support.
Gold and property are not funds nor ties to return. Usually IRCC will not consider parents funds since you are over 22, married with kids. Why don’t they gift the money by adding/setting up your GIC or doing a gift deed. Or you can take out a loan.

commonName

Jan 22, 2024
Gold and property are not funds nor ties to return. Usually IRCC will not consider parents funds since you are over 22, married with kids. Why don’t they gift the money by adding/setting up your GIC or doing a gift deed. Or you can take out a loan.
Their money is not for me to spend, but just a statement to support my case. I have a car, if I sell that I'll have 25 LACs PKR in my statement, or should I sell more gold? I have to show statement.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Their money is not for me to spend, but just a statement to support my case. I have a car, if I sell that I'll have 25 LACs PKR in my statement, or should I sell more gold? I have to show statement.
If their money is not being used to support your expenses then no reason to provide it. It doesn’t support your case but shows that you cannot afford to study in Canada. You have enough in funds if you have paid your tuition.

commonName

Jan 22, 2024
If their money is not being used to support your expenses then no reason to provide it. It doesn’t support your case but shows that you cannot afford to study in Canada. You have enough in funds if you have paid your tuition.
I have paid one year tution and GIC of 38K per new requirements. Which I believe is enough, because I and spouse, both will be working eventually. BUT... there is a requirement to upload document in "Funds (proof)" tab in IRCC portal.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have paid one year tution and GIC of 38K per new requirements. Which I believe is enough, because I and spouse, both will be working eventually. BUT... there is a requirement to upload document in "Funds (proof)" tab in IRCC portal.
Proof of funds is GIC.