+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AFFECT OF RECENT CHANGES

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hello everyone,

as many of you are aware,CIC has made some changes which will go into effect starting from today november-9-2013.
my question is as fellow:
if someone has an application in process under one of the 6 ineligible occupations lets say COOK before these changes took place and he/she already received a medical request/RPRF and biodata request,will this changes affect her application negatively,will this changes make the applicant ineligible even though the RPRF email says that(her application was found eligible under the category which was applied under)?
i highly invite all members to shed some light and share their opinions.

thanks and good luck to everyone :)

waitinginvaincec

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
i am in the same situation, i dont think so, i think it applies to applications starting on nov. 9th. anything before that should be safe for as long as they have passed the ielts for their noc's. i already got my rprf and medical request, just havent done medicals yet.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
by the way i remember telling you about sending updated reference letter lol im glad it works,congrats my dear.
i have got medical request,RPRF and biodata request as well....now waiting to get my medical exam done.
where are you located by the way and when is your medical exam date?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
:p if they apply this new changes retroactively then a lot of applicants will go nuts,some may even lose their minds(hopefully not).
i wish a safe and good outcome for everyone working hard to achieve their dreams and goals.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Don't worry, you guys are clear.

This changes will affect applications, which is received by CIC on November 9th 2013 and afterwards.

From CIC website:
"the following six occupations will no longer be eligible for the CEC starting November 9, 2013:

cooks (NOC code 6322);
food service supervisors (NOC 6311);
administrative officers (NOC 1221);
administrative assistants (NOC 1241);
accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311); and
retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211).

CIC already has a large inventory of applications in these occupations and will continue processing them to a final decision."

So no worries.

waitinginvaincec

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
by the way i remember telling you about sending updated reference letter lol im glad it works,congrats my dear.
i have got medical request,RPRF and biodata request as well....now waiting to get my medical exam done.
where are you located by the way and when is your medical exam date?
then i have to say thank you to you then :) i was so hopeless then, i was just gonna wait for the refusal, good thing i submitted an updated letter :) i am waiting for my husband to be back, he works in an oil patch so he comes home every 3 weeks, we are gonna do it together, we are in calgary ab. we are scheduled on the 27th. i hope our applications get good results. :)

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
thanks iamroth :)for clarifying,i wish you the best :)
waitinginvaincec :)you are welcome and good luck on your medical exam,im doing mine on the 14th of this month in edmonton.
we are almost there.

waitinginvaincec

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
thanks iamroth :)for clarifying,i wish you the best :)
waitinginvaincec :)you are welcome and good luck on your medical exam,im doing mine on the 14th of this month in edmonton.
we are almost there.
thanks! this whole thing is really nerve wracking! I just leave everything to God :)

brattymoon

Nov 9, 2013
Are the changes applicable only with the specific noc code?im applying under cec as food service supervisor and just finished printing all the documents and these changes suddenly happened.im just thinking whether i will submit it or not since the noc code that i used (6212) is the same noc code written in my LMO?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
brattymoon please check the answer i have already posted in the other topic and kindly stop spamming the forum,every topic is tied to a specific issue.
thanks

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As has already been indicated: -

If you have a closed work permit with an LMO, you cannot apply using a different NOC code.
As of today, you are no longer eligible under CEC.