+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

advise required from experts..

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
hello friends,
i have applied for studies in Canada for next year and going for a 1 year program with co -op for below two colleges

Niagara College - International Business Management - 1 year program (co - op)
Geroge Brown college - Marketing Management in Financial Services 1 year program (co - op)

Please advise which can be a college and course can be better in getting me a job and beneficial in long run for PR.

my profile
I have done my Bcom Hons in Accountancy & Finance (India) 2004 - 2007
Completed my MBA in Finance (India) 2007 - 2009
Having more than 4 years of Experience in the Investment Banking industry with employers like HSBC , CITI, Barclays, have dealt with various financial products and markets

thanks

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
whats your ielts score, bachelors and masters gpa?

and why 3 jobs in 3 years? (this thought can come to the mind of visa officer and admission officer)

if your score is good in ielts, bachelors and masters then better apply in university rather than college.

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
i will be taking my ielts soon and hopefully will be getting 7 overall.

my scores
bachelors - 45%
MBA - 6.9 gpa.
3 jobs in 3 years as i wanted to explore different fields of finance and i got position hike aswell. i am into investment banking now, have worked in fund administration, wealth management for various regions of the world.

Any further advise can you suggest now.???

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
NBD said:
i will be taking my ielts soon and hopefully will be getting 7 overall.

my scores
bachelors - 45%
MBA - 6.9 gpa.
3 jobs in 3 years as i wanted to explore different fields of finance and i got position hike aswell. i am into investment banking now, have worked in fund administration, wealth management for various regions of the world.

Any further advise can you suggest now.???

mba gpa is from 10? ie 6.9/10?
and bachelors is too less but as u have already done ur masters one can ignore ur bachelor score. but no 1 can tell if they will accept/reject on basis of ur bachelor score.

u will need exp certificate from all the 3 employers, stating the position u held and time duration, just in order to make your visa file stronger. and then in SOP you can mention that you did 3 jobs and have exp of 3 diff things.

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
ok sure that will be done .
and yes mba gpa is outta 10.
Bachelors is less as it was under Calcutta university which does not give high scores..

can you also tell me about the colleges i have mentioned & the courses i will undertake
will they be helpful in getting me a job?? and ultimately will help me applying and getting PR
both of the courses are wilt co-op and i will get me a 1 year work permit after that.

thanks

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
NBD said:
Bachelors is less as it was under Calcutta university which does not give high scores..
sorry to be rude here for this statement but admission officers wont give a shit if ur university does not give you marks. universities are getting students from china with 90% marks. sorry if i offended you, but this is the truth and never use such statement against any one.

second thing: most of the universities/colleges have minimum requirement, ie min first class in bachelors etc. so check for that on the college website.

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
NBD said:
hello friends,
i have applied for studies in Canada for next year and going for a 1 year program with co -op for below two colleges

Niagara College - International Business Management - 1 year program (co - op)
Geroge Brown college - Marketing Management in Financial Services 1 year program (co - op)

Please advise which can be a college and course can be better in getting me a job and beneficial in long run for PR.

my profile
I have done my Bcom Hons in Accountancy & Finance (India) 2004 - 2007
Completed my MBA in Finance (India) 2007 - 2009
Having more than 4 years of Experience in the Investment Banking industry with employers like HSBC , CITI, Barclays, have dealt with various financial products and markets

thanks
The choice of college will hardly be important for your future goals of job and PR. As long as the college is located in a big city or close to a big city like Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver etc, you need not worry. Getting a job is more dependent upon your personal effort and connections you make with people while you're still a student or working part-time. By the way, getting PR through 1 year college diploma program is difficult unless you're going to get a job immediately after college, that too in your own field, and which is listed on the occupations list. Either do a degree program or then do a 2 year diploma in my opinion.
By the way, you've already done MBA, so going for a diploma program after a degree program will not be helpful for you during visa application. So, another reason why you should aim for a degree program. Good luck

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
mate there is nothing for you to be sorry and nothing for me to get it offended.
my consultant said that she will try with the %age i have got

however how bout ur views on the below assuming i got the visa..

can you also tell me about the colleges i have mentioned & the courses i will undertake
will they be helpful in getting me a job?? and ultimately will help me applying and getting PR
both of the courses are wilt co-op and i will get me a 1 year work permit after that.