+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise on visitor visa with PGP application in process

Apr 8, 2019
I need advise on applying for visitor visa for my dad. My dad is currently in US on work permit and will fly back home next summer. He was planning to reunite with us (me, my brother and sister are all in canada) by coming to canada first.

Also their application for pgp 2019 is in process but with no update yet.

My question is; it worth applying visitor visa which has processing time as approx 250 days or rather wait for pgp application to move forward in the same time period. My mom already has visa so she dont need to apply.

Please share what you think ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I need advise on applying for visitor visa for my dad. My dad is currently in US on work permit and will fly back home next summer. He was planning to reunite with us (me, my brother and sister are all in canada) by coming to canada first.

Also their application for pgp 2019 is in process but with no update yet.

My question is; it worth applying visitor visa which has processing time as approx 250 days or rather wait for pgp application to move forward in the same time period. My mom already has visa so she dont need to apply.

Please share what you think ?
Personal choice. Either way is fine although a TRV may be difficult to get if your father is not in his home country.

Reactions: Nousernamefound