+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADVICE!!!

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I agree with you. At least the CIC should be made to realize that due to their mishandling of candidate's important document, beside losing the time, candidate is unjustifiable forced to pay higher fee and may have to wait for longer time.

Every government agency has system in place that records every incoming document. They should locate the application, if they have record of receipt but cannot locate the file. Obviously the Canada post or any courier maintain record of receipt acknowledgement.

CIC should compensation the candidate by accepting the application under the old rule & process it. Why the candidate pay for CIC blunder.

We are dealing with a Federal Agency & NOT road site convenient stores. The tax payers / clients expect some responsibility.
Do you think CIC simply decides procedures itself? The law dictates how it processes applications. CIC -- can't -- simply receive the applicants new application and process it however they want to.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
nope said:
No seriously -- there should be a conceivable outcome for your advice. What is it? What is CIC going to do for recourse?
I believe that any gain is some gain in this situation. If the MP can get anything out of this, it is already a good advantage. For example, the applicant has the proof of payment. If the MP could at least make the CIC accept that for a new application, that it is already a HUGE money saving for OP.

If in a more utopic outcome the MP can manage to make the new application be processed under the old rules, even better.

Anyway, I do believe it is a good idea to talk to his MP, since he has proof of payment AND the signature of some CIC agent receiving the parcel. This last one, by the way, is a very serious business. You can't mess with someone's correspondence. It is a crime and it should be investigated. If the MP could trigger anything in that direction, it would also be a gain.