+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice required about applying PR Card to CIC

sgaur

Mar 24, 2012
Hi all

I want to know the next step about my 2 year journey of entering in Canada from US border. I need a guidance from a person who was in my situation.

I became PR in Canada on 1st August 2008. I was a minor at that time. I stayed in Canada for a month and came back to my home country. My PR card expired after 5 years. I studied in USA. I entered in Canada from US border just 2 years back. I was 23 year old at that time. The officer at border made a case against me and told me that I will get a call from border authorities with in a month. I did not get any call or any email from border authorities since 2 years.

In the mean time I got a job with a MNC. I paid taxes for last 2 years and bought property in Toronto. I could not go out of Canada as I am not having PR card. Now my 2 years to maintain my PR status with finish with in 10 days. I want to know that what should I do after completion of 2 years. Probable steps as per my understanding I am mentioning below.

Should I apply PR card as I have already completed 2 years?

OR

Call CIC to check about next step to apply for PR. But I feel that CiC will refer me to border authorities to clear a case with them. Then should I hire a lawyer or it will be a easy process as I already completed 2 years.

The suggestion in this regard will be highly appreciated from any person who was in this situation before or any person who can guide me in this case.