sent with application
Med's Request
11-12-13
Med's Done....
14-12-13
Passport Req..
11-12-13 Passport Sent: 03-01-14
Dear Folks,
I've applied for PR in FSW-2013, hopefully will get visa in 2014.... Now the question is that I'm keen to make my brother come to Canada as PR.. I'm exploring options how we unite in Canada..
My brother's profile:
26/M
Work Ex: 4 years in international automobile company
Education: BBA and MBA(International Buss & Marketing)
My brother's spouse:
No work ex
Education: BCom & MCom(Finance)
Here are my options:
1. If my brother's wife apply as International Student- Eyeing for mid-level university.. Which course to opt for(she already has masters degree) and what are the chances of getting Student Visa, Followed by PGWP since she already has masters degree... Which university's approval helps in getting Student visa/ PGWP smoothly.. Pls suggest university's name..

2. FSW 2014/ EOI 2015- Not sure if my brother's occupation will come under the category
as he's into sales planning buss analyst.. As in 2013, bussiness dev manager/ sales marketing
category didn't turn

3. Arranged Employment- How to get more info on this ? Is this option really
reasonable for a foreign worker

Please suggest

Neil.p

Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perseverance said:
Dear Folks,
I've applied for PR in FSW-2013, hopefully will get visa in 2014.... Now the question is that I'm keen to make my brother come to Canada as PR.. I'm exploring options how we unite in Canada..
My brother's profile:
26/M
Work Ex: 4 years in international automobile company
Education: BBA and MBA(International Buss & Marketing)
My brother's spouse:
No work ex
Education: BCom & MCom(Finance)
Here are my options:
1. If my brother's wife apply as International Student- Eyeing for mid-level university.. Which course to opt for(she already has masters degree) and what are the chances of getting Student Visa, Followed by PGWP since she already has masters degree... Which university's approval helps in getting Student visa/ PGWP smoothly.. Pls suggest university's name..

2. FSW 2014/ EOI 2015- Not sure if my brother's occupation will come under the category
as he's into sales planning buss analyst.. As in 2013, bussiness dev manager/ sales marketing
category didn't turn

3. Arranged Employment- How to get more info on this ? Is this option really
reasonable for a foreign worker

Please suggest

This may sound a bit personal. But Are you married ??

The rule says "You can sponsor one relative regardless of age or relationship only if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class, and you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Indian Act."

So, if you don't have any relatives in Canada, then you can sponsor your brother after you get your PR. This is the best shot.

Now, the questions you asked

1. There are lots of people who is asking the same question "If I have Master's degree, which course to choose". The straight answer to that question is a bit tricky. According to general population who came to Canada on student visa 80% of them are over-qualified for that course. eg. You will find lots of people who did Bachelors in their home country and doing Under-graduate Diploma in Canada and there are lots of people who did Master and doing Post-Graduate course here. So the best bet would be to choose a PG Course under same stream (for your brother's wife : Finance).
2. Canada is gold mine for engineers (any kind). Since your brother is in buss.mgt category, this would be a very long shot to get him a Work-Permit.
3. "Arranged Employment" - Very tough to get this golden letter (unless you get this letter from your own company). I wouldn't suggest (pls don't take my word for it but search it yourself).

Bottom line, if you don't have relatives as mentioned in first para then go for sponsoring your brother after you get PR. OR go for Student-Visa for your brother's spouse or even for your brother (there is no strict criteria for student visa i.e. who can apply and who can not apply)

Hope it helps.

perseverance

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-12-13
Med's Done....
14-12-13
Passport Req..
11-12-13 Passport Sent: 03-01-14
Thanks for ur advice... Yes I'm married... BTW which university will be good to apply, which will be reasonable and helps in getting student visa
Neil.p said:
This may sound a bit personal. But Are you married ??

The rule says "You can sponsor one relative regardless of age or relationship only if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class, and you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Indian Act."

So, if you don't have any relatives in Canada, then you can sponsor your brother after you get your PR. This is the best shot.

Now, the questions you asked

1. There are lots of people who is asking the same question "If I have Master's degree, which course to choose". The straight answer to that question is a bit tricky. According to general population who came to Canada on student visa 80% of them are over-qualified for that course. eg. You will find lots of people who did Bachelors in their home country and doing Under-graduate Diploma in Canada and there are lots of people who did Master and doing Post-Graduate course here. So the best bet would be to choose a PG Course under same stream (for your brother's wife : Finance).
2. Canada is gold mine for engineers (any kind). Since your brother is in buss.mgt category, this would be a very long shot to get him a Work-Permit.
3. "Arranged Employment" - Very tough to get this golden letter (unless you get this letter from your own company). I wouldn't suggest (pls don't take my word for it but search it yourself).

Bottom line, if you don't have relatives as mentioned in first para then go for sponsoring your brother after you get PR. OR go for Student-Visa for your brother's spouse or even for your brother (there is no strict criteria for student visa i.e. who can apply and who can not apply)

Hope it helps.