+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice Needed!

laluna

Sep 7, 2006
Hi there,
I am new to all this and very confused. I am trying to help my friend who is from Nepal come to Canada but it seems so difficult. I have spent a lot of time reading the CIC web site and sent him the info but he found it confusing and frankly so did I. I told him to apply for the skilled worker visa but now I find out the wait time is two years!! And I am not sure he would get it. He has worked in a restaurant and as a tour guide and speaks very good English but I don't think he has enough points. What other options are there?? Is it totally impossible for him to come here??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

laluna said:
Hi there,
I am new to all this and very confused. I am trying to help my friend who is from Nepal come to Canada but it seems so difficult. I have spent a lot of time reading the CIC web site and sent him the info but he found it confusing and frankly so did I. I told him to apply for the skilled worker visa but now I find out the wait time is two years!! And I am not sure he would get it. He has worked in a restaurant and as a tour guide and speaks very good English but I don't think he has enough points. What other options are there?? Is it totally impossible for him to come here??
If he cannot qualify as a skilled worker, he should take the assessment on www.cic.gc.ca, and it would appear that his jobs do not fall into the A&B or O skill category, it looks like he is out of luck.

PMM

mikeramma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
HI
IF HE IS NOT QUALIFIED TO THE SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM , PROVINCIAL NOMINEE WILL BE ANOTHER GOOD CHOICE
FOR MORE INFORMATION
WWW.CIC.GC.CA