+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

advice needed - visa stamping office

menfields

Oct 18, 2014
Hello All,

I applied to CIC -PNP while I was in India, now moved to USA in Sep .
My spouse/kid are in India, will join me soon in NOV/DEC
I earlier requested CIC to change my address as USA once i moved and it was done also , I verified it online as well.

Medicals were done a month ago , I did in USA, spouse/kid did in India.

Today I have got an email from CIC colombo who was processing my application that , to finalize my application, I need to send the passports and photographs of self and dependents to New Delhi office via vfs. The online status is still shows 'in process' though that medicals received.

As I can not go to India now due to current job , i could think of only the below 2 options.
Requesting your guidance.

Option 1 -
If i can send my passport to my spouse through courier/friend , have my spouse to submit the passports to vfs to New Delhi office and my spouse bring it back to US when she comes in December.

option 2 -
Request CIC an alternate option to submit the passports in Buffalo canadian high commission office in US

They have given 45 days to submit the passports and I am not in a position to visit India due to job.

kindly advice if anyone know New Delhi office hold the passports for longer duration , which of the above two option is best for me to pursue or is there another option i can do . I am also worried, if can be in USA without passport in this given situation , please advice.

Thanks
David

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
menfields said:
Hello All,

I applied to CIC -PNP while I was in India, now moved to USA in Sep .
My spouse/kid are in India, will join me soon in NOV/DEC
I earlier requested CIC to change my address as USA once i moved and it was done also , I verified it online as well.

Medicals were done a month ago , I did in USA, spouse/kid did in India.

Today I have got an email from CIC colombo who was processing my application that , to finalize my application, I need to send the passports and photographs of self and dependents to New Delhi office via vfs. The online status is still shows 'in process' though that medicals received.

As I can not go to India now due to current job , i could think of only the below 2 options.
Requesting your guidance.

Option 1 -
If i can send my passport to my spouse through courier/friend , have my spouse to submit the passports to vfs to New Delhi office and my spouse bring it back to US when she comes in December.

option 2 -
Request CIC an alternate option to submit the passports in Buffalo canadian high commission office in US

They have given 45 days to submit the passports and I am not in a position to visit India due to job.

kindly advice if anyone know New Delhi office hold the passports for longer duration , which of the above two option is best for me to pursue or is there another option i can do . I am also worried, if can be in USA without passport in this given situation , please advice.

Thanks
David
Hi,

You should never send your passport to India by any courier as it's against to our Indian law. The alternate option is, send an email to your visa office (Colombo) and request them to have your PR visa stamped here either in the USA or Canada. But still your wife and kid will have their visas stamped at Canadian Embassy in Delhi. I have seen a few guys on the forum who did like this earlier....so, I believe it's possible. You have to hurry up as you were given only 45 days time frame.

One more thing is, the visa office in Buffalo, USA has already been closed a long ago.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

menfields

Oct 18, 2014
Thank you Sarayu.

Usually New Delhi office take a lot of days to issue the visa ? will they hold the passport until they decide ?

As we have booked the tickets for my spouse/kid to come to USA in Nov-end, thinking what would be the best bet to all of us get stamped at one place considering the unexpected delays.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

-David