+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed - criminal background check

jjbond

Jan 21, 2020
Hello everyone. I want to get an opinion of experienced members regarding my PR application. My situation is the following:

I have moved to Canada in 2014 with my parents from Israel. My parents and siblings have received their PR. In Israel, I've completed high school and a trade school, leaving before the mandatory military service. While in Canada, I have graduated from a community college, and currently working under a post-graduate work permit. Recently, my partner and I have applied for PR under the Family Class - Common-Law Sponsorship.

In the process of preparing my criminal record, I've discovered that military evasion would be noted in the Israeli background check. I did not indicate a criminal record on any of my immigration forms. My concern is that the situation falls under the category of misrepresentation and that the record will harm my application. I'm aware that there is no equivalent military service law in Canada, but in my case, there was no trial since I've never visited Israel since 2014.

I'd appreciate any comments on the situation. Thank you very much.