+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

advice for pregnant before landing

fruitips

Mar 3, 2015
I applied FSW in 2014 and recently obtained the COPR for me and my wife. And we intend to land Toronto in coming month but my wife is pregnant right now about 4 months, should I need to inform Visa Office before departure or inform them during my entry at Toronto. What will happen for the latter? Will it defer my application?

In the approval letter, it mention that we should inform their office for any change to family composition (marriage, divorce, birth of a child, adoption, etc) before you leave for Canada. However, i am not sure if pregnant is one of the change to family composition in their definition.

Any advice for my situation?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is no need to inform anyone of the pregnancy.

You are cutting it very close for getting OHIP coverage prior to the birth.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Land in Toronto and get a connecting flight to settle in Calgary. Once arrive there, she can go to the registry and be covered with provincial healthcare immediately without waiting.

fruitips

Mar 3, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no need to inform anyone of the pregnancy.

You are cutting it very close for getting OHIP coverage prior to the birth.
You meant that i even dont need to report the pregnancy to the immigration officer during landing?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Yes ..No Need...But male sure you arrive 90 days before delivery date in Ontario, otherwise you wont be covered by medical insurance. Otherwise land in ALberta or BC & have free delivery over there.

steaky said:

Anii

Jun 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th nov 2014
Med's Request
16th may 2016
Med's Done....
24th may 2016
my wife is 7 month pregnent...we r done with meds in may ...mycic account showing that medicals have been passed. I inform vo about pregnecy they mailed me gigelines to how to add baby(due in august) in to the process. But i hvnt got tlu. Will i get tlu after the birth of baby.???

mali2014

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
Dear All Senior Members,

First of all sorry for being away from the forum for long time and congratulates to all those got their Visas Issued and best of luck for all those who's applications are in process.

As all of the senior members know that Our PR was issued in 2015 , we went to Canada in 2015 for few months and then came back to UK, as we had to sort out things here in UK.

Our plan was to move permanently to Canada in start of 2017.

By the grace of God we have been blessed with a baby this month in UK, now I have few questions as our baby is born in UK and we don't have visa for the baby and as the baby is born now after 1 year and six months after our PR visas were issued so there is no record for out baby in Canada or in our applications.

Now My question is that how we can get our baby's visa and what visa we can get? Because I am the principal applicant and I am the mother of new born baby and can not travel without baby.

All senior members I need urgent help on this matter as we are planning to move in next few months.

Waiting for urgent and helpful comments.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mali2014 said:
Now My question is that how we can get our baby's visa and what visa we can get? Because I am the principal applicant and I am the mother of new born baby and can not travel without baby.
If baby is British, he can come to Canada without a visit visa (but require ETA after this September). Once in Canada, you can sponsor him for immigration.

From now on, you can also post your message in the Family Class section of this forum.

fruitips

Mar 3, 2015
canada11 said:
Yes ..No Need...But male sure you arrive 90 days before delivery date in Ontario, otherwise you wont be covered by medical insurance. Otherwise land in ALberta or BC & have free delivery over there.
So if i want to have delivery and medical inspection within 3 months of the expected delivery date, I have to land at BC or Alberta?

fruitips

Mar 3, 2015
canada11 said:
I note from the below website that Coverage Wait Period is required. So BC do not provide medical coverage immediately after landing?

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol/coverage-wait-period

Coverage During the Wait Period
New residents from other parts of Canada should maintain coverage with their former medical plan during the wait period. New or returning residents arriving from outside Canada should contact a private insurance company for coverage during this period.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fruitips said:
I note from the below website that Coverage Wait Period is required. So BC do not provide medical coverage immediately after landing?

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol/coverage-wait-period

Coverage During the Wait Period
New residents from other parts of Canada should maintain coverage with their former medical plan during the wait period. New or returning residents arriving from outside Canada should contact a private insurance company for coverage during this period.
No, BC does not grant immediate coverage.

Note that if you intend to land in Alberta solely to get coverage to give birth, you will need to remain living there for at least 6 months to meet the residency requirement.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
oops!My mistake ...Except ON & BC ...sorry

canuck_in_uk said:
No, BC does not grant immediate coverage.

Note that if you intend to land in Alberta solely to get coverage to give birth, you will need to remain living there for at least 6 months to meet the residency requirement.