+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for applying for two 1-year PGD

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hello I have, acceptance letter for PGD in memorial university. The Duration is of 2 sem, 1 Year. I have been told that I can get 3-year PGWP, for 2 years course.

So I am planning to apply for another 1 year PGD course. So here are 2 ways I can do this....

1) apply for student permit with this acceptance letter and get Study permit. and then after reaching Canada I can apply for the extension of study permit.

2) Apply for another PGD course for 2017, and submit two acceptance letters for study permit application to get 2 year study permit.

So can you please guide me which route is safe? and could avoid chances of rejection while serving my purpose.

I am from India, and applying for sept. 16

Thanks in advance.

Rambostar

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the program you have applied for and what is the program you want to take in second year?

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
My Bachelor is in Electrical and electronics engineering.

I have been accepted for Safety and risk engineering at memorial uni. And I am planning to apply in SAFETY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (POST DIPLOMA) CO-OP at college of north Atlantic. Both are in St john's Newfoundland

Both are pretty much of same level course. But I can choose different subject when I enroll!

So what you suggest with this background?

punar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
Med's Done....
1-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
29-12-2015
hey
I suggest you to go with a two years diploma from here so that you can get a 3years work permit
secondly you can also do it like this - go with 1 year diploma and before its completion take admission in another one-year diploma so summed up to two year study which will yield you 3 year pgw
lastly have heard that living in newfoundland is tough(i m not sure but must research before applying)

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
punar said:
hey
I suggest you to go with a two years diploma from here so that you can get a 3years work permit
secondly you can also do it like this - go with 1 year diploma and before its completion take admission in another one-year diploma so summed up to two year study which will yield you 3 year pgw
lastly have heard that living in newfoundland is tough(i m not sure but must research before applying)
Thank you punar,

yes I am planning to sum two 1 year pgd... but shall i apply for both 1 year pgd for now? (before getting study permit) or shall I apply with the current offer and after reaching canada apply in second pgd course>

And in what ways living is difficult? u mean housing, parttime job? or after graduation job?
coz I have impression that it is very economical city.

Please share all info you can...

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hir3 said:
Hello I have, acceptance letter for PGD in memorial university. The Duration is of 2 sem, 1 Year. I have been told that I can get 3-year PGWP, for 2 years course.

So I am planning to apply for another 1 year PGD course. So here are 2 ways I can do this....

1) apply for student permit with this acceptance letter and get Study permit. and then after reaching Canada I can apply for the extension of study permit.

2) Apply for another PGD course for 2017, and submit two acceptance letters for study permit application to get 2 year study permit.

So can you please guide me which route is safe? and could avoid chances of rejection while serving my purpose.

I am from India, and applying for sept. 16

Thanks in advance.
I'm trying to go through this same path...
Is it even possible to apply to sept 2017 already? I don't think they're going to review applications this soon.

I would really like to know the chances of having the study permit renewal approved...

Paaye

Mar 18, 2016
Its very much possible, you can apply when you get there ,most schools you just have to indicate when you intend to take the program on the application form and they will fix you there..
So apply with the 1year you have now , hopefully you get the visa and go then you apply for another 1year making two years - apply for the pgwp after thats it.

All the best