+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice before I get professional help

gv198707

Apr 24, 2023
Alert : Duped by a family for PR

Hi, this is a follow up post for the last one I posted last week about the probable mutual consent divorce ahead and the then upcoming landing for the spouse

I’m a recent CEC Permanent resident. I came to know today that my spouse completed her landing procedures last week without my knowledge when she and her family were maintaining that she is gonna land by May end and would come live with me and should give a final try to make it work. Her family maintained that she is visiting a hill station in south India with her cousins while she was actually visiting Toronto to complete her landing procedures. She landed back in India today morning.

The marriage was in shambles and I posted the last post asking suggestion whether it’s legal for my spouse to land when we were seriously discussing mutual consent. I haven’t applied spousal visa in the past 3 years of marriage as I wasn’t sure about the relationship. But I helped her for her study permit twice with SOP and arrangements of documents which were refused by IRCC.

They hid her landing procedure from me and she herself mentioned today that she did it because she was worried that I would inform IRCC about the seperated status and the probable divorce ahead.

She also mentioned that she provided one of her friend’s address for the PR card delivery. When I told her today that I’m gonna inform IRCC about their wrongdoing, she mentioned that she would make sure my family back home would face legal consequences from her. We never demanded any dowry or have made any physical assaults or anything on her. She just lived in my parent’s home only for 2 or 3 weeks when I was there. And visited 3 or 4 times for some Poojas and festivals in the past 3 years in my absence.

Me and my family are in great stress, disappointment and fear. I feel very much embarrassed and disappointed for being used. I feel disgusted that I was once in madly love with this kinda person. One part of me just thinks that it’s ok to let go of this as she was very desperate for PR for past many months, but the other part of me tells that I struggled 5 years here as a student and PGWP holder for CEC eligibility and corona backlogs and I can’t let someone use it for their own good.

People who have experienced similar stuff and lawyers please comment about your advices.

Regards,

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Hi, this is a follow up post for the last one I posted last week about the probable mutual consent divorce ahead and the then upcoming landing for the spouse

I’m a recent CEC Permanent resident. I came to know today that my spouse completed her landing procedures last week without my knowledge when she and her family were maintaining that she is gonna land by May end and would come live with me and should give a final try to make it work. Her family maintained that she is visiting a hill station in south India with her cousins while she was actually visiting Toronto to complete her landing procedures. She landed back in India today morning.

The marriage was in shambles and I posted the last post asking suggestion whether it’s legal for my spouse to land when we were seriously discussing mutual consent. I haven’t applied spousal visa in the past 3 years of marriage as I wasn’t sure about the relationship. But I helped her for her study permit twice with SOP and arrangements of documents which were refused by IRCC.

They hid her landing procedure from me and she herself mentioned today that she did it because she was worried that I would inform IRCC about the seperated status and the probable divorce ahead.

She also mentioned that she provided one of her friend’s address for the PR card delivery. When I told her today that I’m gonna inform IRCC about their wrongdoing, she mentioned that she would make sure my family back home would face legal consequences from her. We never demanded any dowry or have made any physical assaults or anything on her. She just lived in my parent’s home only for 2 or 3 weeks when I was there. And visited 3 or 4 times for some Poojas and festivals in the past 3 years in my absence.

Me and my family are in great stress, disappointment and fear. I feel very much embarrassed and disappointed for being used. I feel disgusted that I was once in madly love with this kinda person. One part of me just thinks that it’s ok to let go of this as she was very desperate for PR for past many months, but the other part of me tells that I struggled 5 years here as a student and PGWP holder for CEC eligibility and corona backlogs and I can’t let someone use it for their own good.

People who have experienced similar stuff and lawyers please comment about your advices.

Regards,
Why are you posting from multiple accounts?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Regards,
Don't expect a lawyer to respond here, or in your other thread, here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/divorce-application-before-spouse-landing.795044/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Regards,
If any of these things are in writing you should take screenshots asap. You need concrete evidence not just hearsay that you were no longer in a relationship and planned to divorce and she landed without telling you knowing that she shouldn’t qualify for PR due to the relationship breakdown. You should have really informed IRCC a long time ago that you no longer wanted to include your spouse as accompanying and that your relationship was headed for divorce. You can contact CBSA and IRCC at this point with the evidence you have including the fact that she flew to Canada to land without informing you that she was coming to Canada, did not stay with you and is having the PR card sent to a friend’s house. That is not typical behaviour of a spouse still in a relationship. If she is able to obtain the PR card it becomes even harder to reverse the decision. After landing it is very difficult for someone to lose their PR status but there does seem to be some clear indications that you aren’t together. It’s very unfortunate that you didn’t take action earlier as advised. It will always come down to CBSA/IRCC in terms of whether any action is actually taken. Expect that if you attempt to sponsor another spouse there will be increased scrutiny if you never lived with your spouse in Canada after they were included on your CEC and landed as a PR. It could appear as you were taking part in immigration fraud by allowing someone to come to Canada with you who wasn’t in a true relationship with you. That alone may be a good reason to at least report the fact that you were no longer in a relationship and your spouses rushed to Canada to land without informing you because they feared that you would take them off the CEC application or change them to non-accompanying on the CEC application. This time sensitive so don’t take weeks or months to submit your case if that is your plan of action.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I agree with all that @canuck78 has said. Do not simply let this go. If you have any proof at all of what you say, the law is on your side. While I profess to know nothing about the laws of India, I cannot imagine any vaguely civilized legal system that would support her ability to "make sure my family back home would face legal consequences from her." That strikes me as a most specious and idle threat, and one the IRCC should know about. This woman is conniving, a deceiver and one whose conduct borders on the criminal. Canada does not need her as a PR.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I agree with all that @canuck78 has said. Do not simply let this go. If you have any proof at all of what you say, the law is on your side. While I profess to know nothing about the laws of India, I cannot imagine any vaguely civilized legal system that would support her ability to "make sure my family back home would face legal consequences from her." That strikes me as a most specious and idle threat, and one the IRCC should know about. This woman is conniving, a deceiver and one whose conduct borders on the criminal. Canada does not need her as a PR.
About the laws of India, OP could get in a very serious trouble if the spouse files a case. Even with a proof, it would take a year to solve the issue at best. There are existing threads on where people are stuck from 2-3 years because of their spouse filing a fake case against them. The section will be 489A(often blindly enforced against groom and their family members) and there are so many stuck on this boat: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-clearence-certificate-from-india-for-498a.240778/

I agree that she should not be allowed to keep her status in Canada.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
About the laws of India, OP could get in a very serious trouble if the spouse files a case. Even with a proof, it would take a year to solve the issue at best. There are existing threads on where people are stuck from 2-3 years because of their spouse filing a fake case against them. The section will be 489A(often blindly enforced against groom and their family members) and there are so many stuck on this boat: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-clearence-certificate-from-india-for-498a.240778/

I agree that she should not be allowed to keep her status in Canada.
Interesting. However, I read subsequent posts by the poster who started the thread to which you made reference. It seems that his concern was ability to get a pcc. It looks like he was able to get it without much difficulty.

I take it there is no downside in India to filing a "fake case". In Canada, courts can sternly punish those found to have made serious false allegations and there can be substantial penalties in costs.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay