ADR for a newborn question

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear experts,

My AOR is Dec 27th, 2020. I have been waiting for the final decision on the COVID pace.
Recently we had a newborn baby in the family. I have sent the request to add her through the webform. Request was generated through my CIC account.
Following information has been received:
1. Processing fee for each accompanying child (will be paid today)
2. Forms
 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 (done and scanned);
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 (done and scanned);
3. Documents
 Copy of your child’s birth certificate (ready to be submitted);
 Copy of your child’s valid passport*; (ready to be submitted)
* Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s).
4. If your child is aged 18 or older: Police certificate We require a police certificate for all countries where your child has lived for 6 months or more since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after the completion of their stay in these countries. If your child needs a police certificate from the country where they currently live, it must have been issued in the last 6 months. Not needed at this point
5. Medical certificate Your child will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above. To be done once it's requested

I have two questions:
1) Do I need to submit an updated proof of funds? Since previously submitted statement does not cover current required funds.
2) There is only one file that can be submitted in the online account. Do I combine all the pdfs in one and submit it?

@legalfalcon
Would appreciate any help.
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear experts,

My AOR is Dec 27th, 2020. I have been waiting for the final decision on the COVID pace.
Recently we had a newborn baby in the family. I have sent the request to add her through the webform. Request was generated through my CIC account.
Following information has been received:
1. Processing fee for each accompanying child (will be paid today)
2. Forms
 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 (done and scanned);
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 (done and scanned);
3. Documents
 Copy of your child’s birth certificate (ready to be submitted);
 Copy of your child’s valid passport*; (ready to be submitted)
* Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s).
4. If your child is aged 18 or older: Police certificate We require a police certificate for all countries where your child has lived for 6 months or more since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after the completion of their stay in these countries. If your child needs a police certificate from the country where they currently live, it must have been issued in the last 6 months. Not needed at this point
5. Medical certificate Your child will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above. To be done once it's requested

I have two questions:
1) Do I need to submit an updated proof of funds? Since previously submitted statement does not cover current required funds.
2) There is only one file that can be submitted in the online account. Do I combine all the pdfs in one and submit it?

@legalfalcon
Would appreciate any help.
Thank you

1. YEs, you will have to provide an updated PoF now, which includes the new family member.

2. IF you can compress them without losing the quality you can, alternatively you can send them via webform and in your account upload a document saying that since you had multiple documents, you have sent them via webform.

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
1. YEs, you will have to provide an updated PoF now, which includes the new family member.

2. IF you can compress them without losing the quality you can, alternatively you can send them via webform and in your account upload a document saying that since you had multiple documents, you have sent them via webform.
Thanks so much. I was surprised they did not ask for POF in the request letter.
Will provide it in any case.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Silvinagb

Dec 15, 2020
Hi! Can you help me with something?
More than one month ago we sent a request to add our newborn, in that moment I attached her passport and birth certificate. But we didn't get any answer for them. We know we have to update the forms and pay. But they didn't answered us, so we are still waiting.
How long took to you to get their answer after your request? TIA

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi! Can you help me with something?
More than one month ago we sent a request to add our newborn, in that moment I attached her passport and birth certificate. But we didn't get any answer for them. We know we have to update the forms and pay. But they didn't answered us, so we are still waiting.
How long took to you to get their answer after your request? TIA
I sent one request, and then another after two weeks and only then they requested new documents in my online application.
Hope this helps.

Silvinagb

Dec 15, 2020
Thanks! So there's no problem to send the request again? It says, "don't use it more than once". We don't know what to do, we did t know if send everything again was right. We're gonna do it, and wait a little bit longer.
Thanks!

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks! So there's no problem to send the request again? It says, "don't use it more than once". We don't know what to do, we did t know if send everything again was right. We're gonna do it, and wait a little bit longer.
Thanks!
There is no harm in sending another message through the webform. Normally they reply in 5-10 days. But this time it's bit more complicated