+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adopted child has disease

ahmedali12

Jun 6, 2012
hi.
i am permanent resident of canada.i came to canada last year on spousal sponsorship.i am doctor but not practicing clinical job because i am still taking canadian medical licencing exam.i am doing job in a lab and earns 25$/hr.
i adopted a child back in my home country,india.that child is suffering from thalassemia major.in thalassemia major ,the patient`s bone marrow does not make red blood cells in blood and the patient has to be transfused blood after every 3 weeks for the whole life.
can i sponsor that kid bcz i am his father now and that kid is 7 years old.what are the chances of approval????i am very much worried about my kid.i want to sponsor him......thinking about his disease and sponsorship just give me lot of tension.i had only brother and that kid is the only son of him.i need to take care of this kid.i adopted the kid 2 months back.
please help me by giving me some advices

asglee1103

Apr 11, 2013
What is the status of your case now? I hv similar problem like yours as my daughter is also suffering fr thalassemia major. I'm worry my application will b rejected because of her condition.... Don't know what to do? Do u know how much is the medical bill for a thalassemia patient care in Canada?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are in most cases 2 reasons why someone can fail the medicals. 1 is excessive demand, that is you are too expensive for health care and 2 is contagious disease, a risk to the Canadian public.

Spouses and dependent children being sponsored by a citizen or a PR can not fail the medicals based on excessive demand. They are exempt from that.

Mukesh Kapoor

Jun 19, 2015
Hello I am mukesh Kapoor from India. I my self is a thalassemia major patient 34yrs married having one child.working in govt sector having experience of 9yrswant to go to Canada via express way . can I get medical insurance there so that my medical expenses can be coverd.