+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission Requirements and Universities based on profile

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
Hi all,

I want to know what are the admission requirements of Canadian Universities for M.Eng or MS course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

My Profile is as follows:

B.E. in 2012: 57% aggregate (64.53 Final year) Pune University, as in Pune University the mention final year marks on Degree Certificate.
TOEFL: Not given expected around 100.
Work Exp: 2 years.

I heard that Canadian universities requires high aggregate percentage, but from Pune university we hardly have our topper of 76-78%. Is there any chances of getting admit in any universities for MS or M.Eng course with this profile?

And Please mention/list the university which can accept me with this profile with their requirements. I need strong guidance from you all.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
saurabhnsonar said:
Hi all,

I want to know what are the admission requirements of Canadian Universities for M.Eng or MS course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

B.E. in 2012: 57% aggregate (64.53 Final year) Pune University, as in Pune University the mention final year marks on Degree Certificate.

I heard that Canadian universities requires high aggregate percentage, but from Pune university we hardly have our topper of 76-78%. Is there any chances of getting admit in any universities for MS or M.Eng course with this profile?

And Please mention/list the university which can accept me with this profile with their requirements. I need strong guidance from you all.

Its True That All Canadian Universities Want 70 % of Marks Minimum to Give Admission But It Depends On Your Case.

If You Have 2 Years Of Experience they Can Admit U for 60% Also.

M Eng in ECE... Many Students Got Admitted to This Program in this Forum .

MS... Admission is a bit Difficult as the course Require Supervisor For Research.

Check out These Universities... Concordia University, University of Victoria , Dalhousie University.

Hope It Helps.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saurabhnsonar said:
Hi all,

every university has different criteria and u can find admission requirements on their websites....64% is not bad u can qualify for many unversities. Best way to search for unversities is goolge . Normally IELTS is preferred over TOEFL as IELTS is required for PR later but for university admission and visa purpose TOEFL is fine . I too gave TOEFL (didnt know about IELTS at that time).

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
mead said:
every university has different criteria and u can find admission requirements on their websites....64% is not bad u can qualify for many unversities. Best way to search for unversities is goolge . Normally IELTS is preferred over TOEFL as IELTS is required for PR later but for university admission and visa purpose TOEFL is fine . I too gave TOEFL (didnt know about IELTS at that time).
@mend @WaseemWasii thanks for your reply. @mend But I have 64% in Last year B.E. and my aggregate is 57%, its not overall 64% as aggregate. I am confused because of that. As in our university they consider the last year marks i.e 64% in the degree certificate it mentioned first class with 64.53%. So, I guess the admission will be considered on aggregate and not with my just final year marks. So, question arries here that can I get admission with 57% aggregate?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saurabhnsonar said:
@ mend @ WaseemWasii thanks for your reply. @ mend But I have 64% in Last year B.E. and my aggregate is 57%, its not overall 64% as aggregate. I am confused because of that. As in our university they consider the last year marks i.e 64% in the degree certificate it mentioned first class with 64.53%. So, I guess the admission will be considered on aggregate and not with my just final year marks. So, question arries here that can I get admission with 57% aggregate?
i dont think universities here know the concept of aggrerate percentage they normally look at last 2 years ur education . U should check out university requirements its more clear there....

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
mead said:
i dont think universities here know the concept of aggrerate percentage they normally look at last 2 years ur education . U should check out university requirements its more clear there....
Ok thanks for you help! Will search a bit on this. Weather it accept with 55-60% range.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saurabhnsonar said:
Ok thanks for you help! Will search a bit on this. Weather it accept with 55-60% range.
i dont understand ur question what do u mean 'Weather it accept with 55-60% range"? they will look at ur last year and degree cert percentage....

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
mead said:
i dont understand ur question what do u mean 'Weather it accept with 55-60% range"? they will look at ur last year and degree cert percentage....
I am sorry for confusion, I mean by 'Whether it accept with 55-60% range" is that because I heard the all university only accepts if you have aggregate percentage of around 60-70%+. Because I am quite worried man to get admit in canada, As I already had VISA refusal for 5 times for USA, due to potential immigrant as my brother lives in USA. So, I need to consider all aspects before I apply for canada. So, that I can get admit safely and get visa too.