+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission deferred due to additional medical exam

neo-mashiro

Jul 28, 2019
At first I was granted admission to the Fall semester (Sep intake), but then the RMO asked me to do additional medical exam on spuctum test, so I have to postpone my arrival. Now the university I'm going to attend has already deferred my application to the January intake, but they also told me that the new acceptance letter won't be issued to me until early September, and they said it's okay to go ahead and apply for the study permit with my previous acceptance letter(the one for the Fall semester).

I'm just going to apply right away but don't know how to explain my situation to visa officer. Can I apply with my Fall semester offer? Should I mention that my admission was actually deferred? Or is it better to apply after I received the new offer with the new dates?

I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on my case. Thanks!

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
At first I was granted admission to the Fall semester (Sep intake), but then the RMO asked me to do additional medical exam on spuctum test, so I have to postpone my arrival. Now the university I'm going to attend has already deferred my application to the January intake, but they also told me that the new acceptance letter won't be issued to me until early September, and they said it's okay to go ahead and apply for the study permit with my previous acceptance letter(the one for the Fall semester).

I'm just going to apply right away but don't know how to explain my situation to visa officer. Can I apply with my Fall semester offer? Should I mention that my admission was actually deferred? Or is it better to apply after I received the new offer with the new dates?

I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on my case. Thanks!
If your offer is deferred to January, then you have plenty of time to apply. You have 2 options:

- Apply now with your Fall offer and in your Statement of Purpose, explain that your offer is deferred to January. To show proof of this, ask the university to send you an official letter stating that your offer is deferred to January and upload this letter into your application.

- Wait until mid September, when you get your new offer, then apply. It normally takes roughly 1 month maximum for processing time and only 20 days if you apply under SDS, so you have a comfortable amount of time.

neo-mashiro

Jul 28, 2019
If your offer is deferred to January, then you have plenty of time to apply. You have 2 options:

- Apply now with your Fall offer and in your Statement of Purpose, explain that your offer is deferred to January. To show proof of this, ask the university to send you an official letter stating that your offer is deferred to January and upload this letter into your application.

- Wait until mid September, when you get your new offer, then apply. It normally takes roughly 1 month maximum for processing time and only 20 days if you apply under SDS, so you have a comfortable amount of time.
Thank you for your reply!
But many Chinese applicants have recently reported a processing time of over 8 weeks under EAPP, well I guess I will just go for the first option, to prepare for the worst-case scenario.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017

Its already late for Sept intake so your application may be processed for Jan intake. Just wait for the new letter to arrive and apply.