+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Proof Requested

Nov 29, 2020
Hi,

We received this request from IRCC asking us to provide residence proof.

When we applied, my husband(primary applicant) was in New York and I was in Mumbai. 6 months later, he moved to India and we shifted to a rented apartment. We then sent a web form to CIC notifying them of the change in our address.

The issue is, the rent agreement for our current address is in the name of his father. What proof should we give here? The only other proof we have is that my husband set up a bank account with this address. The IRCC request letter says :
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 Address update: Please provide an updated your current residential address in order to continue the processing of your application for Permanent Residence.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

We received this request from IRCC asking us to provide residence proof.

When we applied, my husband(primary applicant) was in New York and I was in Mumbai. 6 months later, he moved to India and we shifted to a rented apartment. We then sent a web form to CIC notifying them of the change in our address.

The issue is, the rent agreement for our current address is in the name of his father. What proof should we give here? The only other proof we have is that my husband set up a bank account with this address. The IRCC request letter says :
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 Address update: Please provide an updated your current residential address in order to continue the processing of your application for Permanent Residence.
They are just asking an address and not an address proof. Nowhere in that line the word proof appears. You are assuming things and creating requirements that do not exist.

Reactions: princesslolasheru
Nov 29, 2020
They are just asking an address and not an address proof. Nowhere in that line the word proof appears. You are assuming things and creating requirements that do not exist.
In that case, what do I upload as an address update? I just state my address on a document and send it to them ?