+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address On Application Form

j3d

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Hi. My wife recently moved and filled up wrong on her current address. She already sent the application forms to me from overseas when her landlord gave her the correct one. Am I able to correct her address by just using wite-out or correcting and reprinting out that information/page without getting into a problem regarding the validation of the forms and printed bar codes? What information does that bar code have? I'm trying to avoid to have her send me new application forms as it tends to be costly.Thanks.

Last edited:
C

Classic Chucks

Hi. My wife recently moved and filled up wrong on her current address. She already sent the application forms to me from overseas when her landlord gave her the correct one. Am I able to correct her address by just using wite-out or correcting and reprinting out that information/page without getting into a problem regarding the validation of the forms and printed bar codes? What information does that bar code have? I'm trying to avoid to have her send me new application forms as it tends to be costly.Thanks.
No. Do not alter the information with a validated form. You have no choice, have her send you anothet set of forms. This is the reality of sponsorship. You will make mistake and it will be costly.

j3d

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
No. Do not alter the information with a validated form. You have no choice, have her send you anothet set of forms. This is the reality of sponsorship. You will make mistake and it will be costly.
This is the second time that she sent me the application forms. First was when they revised IMM 0008 and IMM 1344 and won't accept the old ones. Would you think it's okay if we send the application forms and just call them to have it corrected? I'm not sure what the process is or how hard is it to get it corrected though.

C

Classic Chucks

This is the second time that she sent me the application forms. First was when they revised IMM 0008 and IMM 1344 and won't accept the old ones. Would you think it's okay if we send the application forms and just call them to have it corrected? I'm not sure what the process is or how hard is it to get it corrected though.
How different is the address?