+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

address history/work history/education history

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All;

I am just wondering about the English language requirement for the citizenship application.
I have graduated from my mother country for both high school & university and I was studying everything in English.
I have my university graduation certificate and it indicates on it that 75% of the courses were in English and at the same time I just got a reference letter from my school that I was studying all the subjects in English

So what I have now is:
1- My university Graduation indicating that 75% of the courses are in English
2- My high school graduation certificate with a reference letter indicating that I was studying in English.

Are these certificates sufficient for the English requirements?

Your replies are highly appreciated.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Messi said:
Hi All;

I am just wondering about the English language requirement for the citizenship application.
I have graduated from my mother country for both high school & university and I was studying everything in English.
I have my university graduation certificate and it indicates on it that 75% of the courses were in English and at the same time I just got a reference letter from my school that I was studying all the subjects in English

So what I have now is:
1- My university Graduation indicating that 75% of the courses are in English
2- My high school graduation certificate with a reference letter indicating that I was studying in English.

Are these certificates sufficient for the English requirements?

Your replies are highly appreciated.
In my opinion, yes. Please double-check the guide if nothing has changed. Good luck! :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello everyone,

I have a link on my university's website which states that the medium is in english. Can I just print that and attach it with my post secondary education degree?

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Hello everyone,

I have a link on my university's website which states that the medium is in english. Can I just print that and attach it with my post secondary education degree?
Rather not. Request an official letter from your academic institution. Good luck. :)

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hello
Please assist me in understanding the following two questions/portions of the application forms.
G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.
Beside above two issues in another place the application form requires us to submit passport information pages for six years.
It is confusing for me as I came to Canada in Feb-2013 and Got PR in Aug-2014. Do I need to mention my living addresses after I got PR or I need to mention addresses of the last six years? If I am required to mention 6 years information then that will include 2012 in which I was outside of Canada.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello
Please assist me in understanding the following two questions/portions of the application forms.
G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.
Beside above two issues in another place the application form requires us to submit passport information pages for six years.
It is confusing for me as I came to Canada in Feb-2013 and Got PR in Aug-2014. Do I need to mention my living addresses after I got PR or I need to mention addresses of the last six years? If I am required to mention 6 years information then that will include 2012 in which I was outside of Canada.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Perhaps, give Cic a call?
Also, If you have got your PR in aug 2014, then according to the citizenship law in place now, you do not fulfill the requirements yet! Hence, 1460 days of physical presence within last 6 years.
Why do you bother ?
Requirements are going to change soon, forms as well! So you have better to wait.

Reactions: Najimi

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Thanks Siar, yes I am not eligible according to the current law but even with the new law this question may remain the same, and I want to understand it.
Perhaps, give Cic a call?
Also, If you have got your PR in aug 2014, then according to the citizenship law in place now, you do not fulfill the requirements yet! Hence, 1460 days of physical presence within last 6 years.
Why do you bother ?
Requirements are going to change soon, forms as well! So you have better to wait.