+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADDRESS HISTORY FOR PR

wvey

Jun 18, 2018
I have lived in one address for last 18 years. So there will only be one entry. My question is should I start with 18 year back or just last 10 year . What will be "Since what year" if that is more than 10 years back. Please suggest. Thanks

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I have lived in one address for last 18 years. So there will only be one entry. My question is should I start with 18 year back or just last 10 year . What will be "Since what year" if that is more than 10 years back. Please suggest. Thanks
From 18 year.

Reactions: wvey

languangeme

Mar 2, 2018
Hi guys,

There are really helpful and thank you all for taking your time to answer questions for us. After graduation, I had several weeks where I traveled around before moving into my own apartment. Technically, the mail still went to my university address and they held it for me. For these weeks, is it ok to use my university address as that's where my mail went to? Thanks!

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
Hi guys,

There are really helpful and thank you all for taking your time to answer questions for us. After graduation, I had several weeks where I traveled around before moving into my own apartment. Technically, the mail still went to my university address and they held it for me. For these weeks, is it ok to use my university address as that's where my mail went to? Thanks!
What did you do ? I have the same question. My husband and I quit our job in US and travelled around Europe and South East Asia for 1 year. Spent few days to weeks in various countries. We stayed in Hotels, Airbnbs and sometimes in the rental van. Our base was our parent's house in India. Should I enter my parent's address for the duration of my travel March 2018-March 2019? After my travel, We are staying at the same India address now.

vkris10

Jul 3, 2019
Hello All,

I require some help in filling out my PR application.

I went back to my home country for 6 months for vacation after completing my school... To indicate this time duration in address history ...do I provide my address in my home country Or do I just input my Canadian address for this duration and fill out the trip details in travel history.

How should I go about filling out the address history???

Help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
Hello All,

I require some help in filling out my PR application.

I went back to my home country for 6 months for vacation after completing my school... To indicate this time duration in address history ...do I provide my address in my home country Or do I just input my Canadian address for this duration and fill out the trip details in travel history.

How should I go about filling out the address history???

Help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
We did not stay in any country in Europe on tourist visa for more than 1 month, hence we decided to enter my residential address in the address history for the duration of our travel. But because you are travelled to your home country for 6 months, I assume that would be your address.
But before confirming, can you answer this - Did you have a house lease/contract/rent in Canada while you were traveled for 6 months to your home country?

vkris10

Jul 3, 2019
We did not stay in any country in Europe on tourist visa for more than 1 month, hence we decided to enter my residential address in the address history for the duration of our travel. But because you are travelled to your home country for 6 months, I assume that would be your address.
But before confirming, can you answer this - Did you have a house lease/contract/rent in Canada while you were traveled for 6 months to your home country?
Thank you for your response.....

Yes, I was paying my house rent in Canada for 6 months while I was in home country.

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
Thank you for your response.....

Yes, I was paying my house rent in Canada for 6 months while I was in home country.
In my opinion, if you were traveling for holiday and still had your canadian address active, then you could just use your Canada address in the address history. I did the same, I live in US and go to my home country every year for about 3 weeks to 1 month. I recorded that in my travel history but in the address history I entered my US address for the entire duration. Hope that helps.

vkris10

Jul 3, 2019
In my opinion, if you were traveling for holiday and still had your canadian address active, then you could just use your Canada address in the address history. I did the same, I live in US and go to my home country every year for about 3 weeks to 1 month. I recorded that in my travel history but in the address history I entered my US address for the entire duration. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the clarification....From what I have read around & understood..that would be the proper way to reflect the information as I did not relocate but went for a vacation.....

This would mean that under personal history, should I group this time duration under "unemployment" and mention location as "Canada" ?

Thank you for the help.

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
In the personal history section, I think you could do what you mentioned. In the box where it says "what the applicant was doing", you could write something like this "traveling after graduation(refer travel history) and looking for job".

Reactions: Tivativalu

vkris10

Jul 3, 2019
In the personal history section, I think you could do what you mentioned. In the box where it says "what the applicant was doing", you could write something like this "traveling after graduation(refer travel history) and looking for job".
Thank you for your help...!

TAHIRA HASSAN

Feb 4, 2020
I have a question. I am in a habit of changing my address on my license 2 weeks before physically moving to a new place. Now I am filling out my PR details and in address history what dates should I enter? The moving dates or those on my driver's license? I am very confused and should I explain this in my letter of explanation?

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
I have one quick question.

While filing the address history section, what should be the order.

The most recent one should be at the top or at the bottom ?

Thanks

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
I have a question. I am in a habit of changing my address on my license 2 weeks before physically moving to a new place. Now I am filling out my PR details and in address history what dates should I enter? The moving dates or those on my driver's license? I am very confused and should I explain this in my letter of explanation?
Di d you get your PR? I have same question.

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Dear lin123

Your address history is the place for giving information on where you officially lived for the last 10 years. This means the address at which you spent all your time and had your mail sent to. They do not want to know your address when you were on holiday. They want to know which towns you lived in so they can check your criminal record and check that it all lines up with the activities you say you were doing like studying or working. holidays do not matter for this.
You need to write all the addresses of you *homes* where you officially lived while you were studying, working or unemployed in your home country and in Canada. If you have lived in Canada for more than 10 years only write your Canadian addresses.

Do not put the addresses where you were staying for a holiday or visiting relatives unless you were there for more than 6 months-they do not want a list of hotels and campsites or addresses where you stayed for only 2 nights.

There is a separate section called "travel history" where you put the locations of the places you stayed at when you were visiting your family outside of Canada.

I hope this is helpful.
It’s a great explanation and I do agree with the point you made for address history. However, by reading the question for travel history the CIC mentioned to put all travel history taken outside of your country of citizenship or of residence. Considering that the point you made for travel history doesn’t seems to be valid as family visit to your home country is not supposed to be added. If I am wrong please correct me.