+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Information - IMM 5406 question

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I am sponsering my wife (the applicant) to come to Canada.

Question 1:

I know this is suppose to be written by the perspective of the applicant. So she would be "Applicant" and "Married-not physically present". And I would be Spouce and "physically-present". Is this correct? Because I am in canada submitting the application. And she is in Iraq.

Question 2:

Do I need to submit my own version of IMM 5406?again with my wife as applicant and me as spouse, but included my parents, brother's and sisters? And if I do fill my own version, would I put my signature at the bottom?

Question 3:

Do the family members listed on this form need to have their signature on this form? Their physical signature? Reason I ask cuz in the Application Checklist on the last page, on the signature confirmation section, it says to make sure signatre is there for: All Other Family Members of the principal applicant (including dependent children 18 years of age or older). Does that mean my wife's parents, and siblings all have to sign? Or am I understandng this incorrectly

AlexF01

Nov 16, 2020
1- physically present refers if when you got married both of you where physically present in the ceremony, if you got married in canada , the answer will be YES for both of you because only physically present marriages are allowed in Canada, some countries accept marriages over zoom or with the representative of one of the parties, but for immigration purposes this is not accepted only physically present marriages are permitted.other wise immigration will not consider your marriage valid and will return the application because your spouse will not be considered part of the Family member as per the IRPA ( immigration ACT) and then she will not be eligible to be sponsored.

2-the Additional Family Information form is only for the Applicant(S), the Sponsor does not need to submit the Family form information ( the form says anyone applicable because this same form is also used in other application like for example Federal skilled worker class where the applicant is coming with the suppose and both of them have to fill in the form , but in you case you are the sponsor already a Canadian PR or Citizen you do not need to fill the Family additional information form.

3-no only the applicant need to sign the Form, if the applicant has dependents then each of the dependents need to fill their own Form and sign, that when you have ( Children-dependents under 22 that are part of the application, if your spouse is coming on her own then , only she need to sign the Family form , make sure all the family and relatives applicable are provided in the form, addresses must be complete, with postal codes and country even if a Canadian address don't make the error a lot of people do to forget to put CANADA in the sponsor address.

if you have any more question let me know , I am last semester legal Immigration consultant student in Toronto

Good Luck !

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
1- physically present refers if when you got married both of you where physically present in the ceremony, if you got married in canada , the answer will be YES for both of you because only physically present marriages are allowed in Canada, some countries accept marriages over zoom or with the representative of one of the parties, but for immigration purposes this is not accepted only physically present marriages are permitted.other wise immigration will not consider your marriage valid and will return the application because your spouse will not be considered part of the Family member as per the IRPA ( immigration ACT) and then she will not be eligible to be sponsored.

2-the Additional Family Information form is only for the Applicant(S), the Sponsor does not need to submit the Family form information ( the form says anyone applicable because this same form is also used in other application like for example Federal skilled worker class where the applicant is coming with the suppose and both of them have to fill in the form , but in you case you are the sponsor already a Canadian PR or Citizen you do not need to fill the Family additional information form.

3-no only the applicant need to sign the Form, if the applicant has dependents then each of the dependents need to fill their own Form and sign, that when you have ( Children-dependents under 22 that are part of the application, if your spouse is coming on her own then , only she need to sign the Family form , make sure all the family and relatives applicable are provided in the form, addresses must be complete, with postal codes and country even if a Canadian address don't make the error a lot of people do to forget to put CANADA in the sponsor address.

if you have any more question let me know , I am last semester legal Immigration consultant student in Toronto

Good Luck !
I mailed in my application a few days ago and I did exactly what you said I read some more post online and figure it out thank you very much for your help