+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Info IMM5406

imanhedeshy

Oct 8, 2022
Hi everyone,
hope all is good with you.

after submitting my PR application (ITA in EE), I got a request for additional documents.

Dear Iman Hedeshy,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
xxxxxxxxxx- Iman Hedeshy:
Additional Family Info IMM5406: Please provide a separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures. The form can be found at the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf
Please upload and submit these documents to your IRCC secure account by August 9, 2023.
Please note:
The above information/documents must be received within 7 days. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected for being incomplete.
FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS REQUEST MAY RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION, NO OTHER REMINDER WILL BE SENT TO YOU
If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the original documents to your IRCC secure account. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our website at: http://www.canada.ca/immigration.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
www.canada.ca
I am the principal applicant and I have my wife in my case as a dependant.

my question here is if she also needs to complete a copy of this form as well or if is it just for me.

Cheers
Iman

Arshdip Gill

Jul 30, 2023
Hi Iman,

Did they asked for any other document after this ? And can you please help me with the current status of your profile . I received similar message for my express entry profile two days back.

guggishr

Aug 17, 2023
Hi Iman,

Did they asked for any other document after this ? And can you please help me with the current status of your profile . I received similar message for my express entry profile two days back.
I am in similar situation. Ircc requesting for additional documents. The document requested is Additional Family Info IMM5406. But I am single Applicant.

In the form there is check box
Appointing representative complete A and D
Cancelling the Appointment of representative complete A, C and D and

For me neither I am not Appointing any nor I didn't Appointed anyone to cancel. Also, I am not sure about Name of the office where Application has submitted.

Not sure how to fill this form now. Can anyone please help.

imanhedeshy

Oct 8, 2022
I am in similar situation. Ircc requesting for additional documents. The document requested is Additional Family Info IMM5406. But I am single Applicant.

For me neither I am not Appointing any nor I didn't Appointed anyone to cancel. Also, I am not sure about Name of the office where Application has submitted.

Hello,

It sounds like you're facing a bit of confusion with the IMM5406 form. Since you're a single applicant, you would typically not need to fill out sections related to appointing or cancelling a representative, unless you've previously appointed one. For the 'Name of the office where Application was submitted,' you should refer to the office or location (often the city or country) where you initially filed your application. If you're unsure, you can check your application documents or contact IRCC for clarification. It's important to fill out the form accurately to avoid any misunderstandings. If you're still uncertain, seeking advice from an immigration consultant or lawyer might be helpful.

Best of luck with your application,

Iman

imanhedeshy

Oct 8, 2022

Hi Arshdip,

As of now, after submitting the Additional Family Info IMM5406 form for both myself and my wife, I haven't received any further requests for documents from IRCC. The status of my application remains under review. In your case, it's crucial to respond promptly to the request for additional documents to keep your express entry profile moving forward. If you need guidance on specific parts of the process or have other questions, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to share my experience.

Best wishes on your application,

Iman