+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Info IMM5406: You are required to submit a NEW Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures.

drewg2009

Sep 26, 2023
The ircc is requesting me to send a "NEW Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures". Not really sure what I missed when I sent it the second time.

Can someone explain this?

As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act. Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that: “A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.” In order to assess your eligibility and admissibilities, an officer has deemed the following as required: > Additional Family Info IMM5406: You are required to submit a NEW Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures. In order for this form to be accepted, your information and the information of your spouse must be completed. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf This must be received at this office by: 2023/12/20

herbiseey

Feb 17, 2023
hey, I have the same situation. How did you solve the issue? I cannot even open IMM5406 form in canada.ca website because it gives an "please wait... pdf version" error....

drewg2009

Sep 26, 2023
@herbiseey that form along with some others have issues opening in the browser. You have to download the pdf, download/install Adobe Acrobat pdf software (if you don't have it already), right-click on the pdf and open with Adobe Acrobat, and either fill it out on the computer or print it and fill it out.

You will also have to have your spouse or other family members fill out their own version of that form and submit as well along with yours.

Does that help?