+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of Spouse Name -Mandatory?

KS01

May 17, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am the primary applicant with passport issued in 2008 and it does not reflect my husband's name under "spouse" but his passport reflect's my name under "spouse" ( we are married in 2012).

Is the marriage certificate not enough as a proof?

Would you advise me to re-new my passport with inclusion of his name with my parent's address on it as it is on the current passport. (Passport expiry in Dec 2018).

Will they not question why I did not get the new passport at my current address or my husband's address.

Another problem is that I am not able to get the passport appointment under Tatkal either in my hometown (Chandigarh) or Delhi/Gurgaon where I am residing now.

Will really appreciate if someone can promptly reply on this as I have standing ITA and losing on application days.

gautamritika

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
21-05-2017
IELTS Request
Pending
File Transfer...
Pending
Med's Request
Pending
Interview........
Pending
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hey our cases are quite similar.. i got my passport renewed and got my spouse's name added to it.. and i got my address changed on passport along wth addition of my spouse's surname to mine... plus since the passport was expiring in nov 2018, i got it renewed for next 10 yrs!

Your new passport will have your old passport no. So it should be ok... just write a point in the LOE.