+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse's work experience in EE

Vinit Hundare

Jul 2, 2017
Pune
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone,

We have just created an Express Entry profile. In the profile, I have entered the work experience details of my wife under the "Work History" section.

1) Does this mean we will have to provide all reference letters for each of her work experience?
2) As getting reference letters is not easy and it doesn't add any CRS points, should we avoid adding it in EE in the first place? If yes, will this affect her job search in Canada?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
I assume your spouse's work experience was not in Canada. In this case, you don't need to add this in Work History section, otherwise you will be asked to submit reference letters and will not get any points for it. Instead, remove the work experience from Work History section in the EE profile. After you receive an ITA, there will be a Personal History section in which you can list all the jobs she/he had. This has no effect on job search in Canada. Good Luck!

Reactions: Vinit Hundare

Vinit Hundare

Jul 2, 2017
Pune
Category........
FSW
I assume your spouse's work experience was not in Canada. In this case, you don't need to add this in Work History section, otherwise you will be asked to submit reference letters and will not get any points for it. Instead, remove the work experience from Work History section in the EE profile. After you receive an ITA, there will be a Personal History section in which you can list all the jobs she/he had. This has no effect on job search in Canada. Good Luck!
Thanks! :)

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hi, I and my spouse got Canadian VISITOR VISA. During Visitor VISA application, I mentioned all mine and my spouse’s NON- Canadian work experience in the application.

Now, I (Primary Applicant) want to apply for immigration in EE for Manitoba PNP nomination.
Questions:
1) Is it compulsory to mention all spouses’ work experience in work history in Express Entry?
2) If I select ‘NO’ in spouse’s work history pre ITA and will mention all in personal history after ITA
3) If I select YES in spouse’s work history pre ITA and will remove all work experience from work history and add in personal history after ITA.
4) She had worked for 4 employers, Can I select YES in work history and declare only current experience because we can get reference letter easily. For remaining 3 employers, I will not mention in Express Entry Pre-ITA and will add only in personal history post the ITA/ PNP nomination.

Please suggest which best option is. I am worried that I mentioned my spouse's WE in Visitor VISA so If I select NO in EE now, It is showing my spouse does not have WE but I have shown in Visitor VISA. If I select YES now and remove after ITA then I can justify that I am not able to get documents. This is the reason.

Now pls tell me what your case was please. Did you mentioned NO pre ITA OR removed post the ITA
Also, do you know someone who did the same(Mentioned pre-ITA NO OR removed post the ITA) and got Medical/final stage/PR successfully. In which case (Mentioned pre-ITA NO OR removed post the ITA) you see most successful cases.

sukantam

Mar 3, 2022
Hi, I and my spouse got Canadian VISITOR VISA. During Visitor VISA application, I mentioned all mine and my spouse’s NON- Canadian work experience in the application.

Now, I (Primary Applicant) want to apply for immigration in EE for Manitoba PNP nomination.
Questions:
1) Is it compulsory to mention all spouses’ work experience in work history in Express Entry?
2) If I select ‘NO’ in spouse’s work history pre ITA and will mention all in personal history after ITA
3) If I select YES in spouse’s work history pre ITA and will remove all work experience from work history and add in personal history after ITA.
4) She had worked for 4 employers, Can I select YES in work history and declare only current experience because we can get reference letter easily. For remaining 3 employers, I will not mention in Express Entry Pre-ITA and will add only in personal history post the ITA/ PNP nomination.

Please suggest which best option is. I am worried that I mentioned my spouse's WE in Visitor VISA so If I select NO in EE now, It is showing my spouse does not have WE but I have shown in Visitor VISA. If I select YES now and remove after ITA then I can justify that I am not able to get documents. This is the reason.

Now pls tell me what your case was please. Did you mentioned NO pre ITA OR removed post the ITA
Also, do you know someone who did the same(Mentioned pre-ITA NO OR removed post the ITA) and got Medical/final stage/PR successfully. In which case (Mentioned pre-ITA NO OR removed post the ITA) you see most successful cases.
HI, I am in the same situation. Can you advise what worked for you. Thanks