+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse name in passport for getting PCC is not Mandatory in India - Express Entry - Canada

sukhjass

Feb 3, 2018
As far as I remember, the verification was just to check if the person stayed at the place. Although the police office will have the details with them.
That’s the problem if she declared married and attached marriage certificate the verification office have the details
I don’t know what to do now

akashchahal

Oct 15, 2021
That’s the problem if she declared married and attached marriage certificate the verification office have the details
I don’t know what to do now
Hyi we have same issue my wife parents don’t know about marriage and if we applied Pcc as a single does it create any problem because on pcc it will show on pcc father name not husband name

Reactions: neo69

SreAK

Oct 9, 2021
Hi, I have a query regarding PCC

My spouse's primary applicant is a permanent resident of Pune (in-laws address) and currently lives in Bangalore, can we apply for PCC from the current address? We have a rent agreement as proof of address will that be okay? Also, his passport does not have my name under spouse do we have to re-issue the passport.
I am the secondary applicant, In my passport, my residency address is Delhi (before marriage) and currently live in Bangalore with my spouse. Is it mandatory both primary and secondary applicants should have the same permanent address in the passport?

PS: I heard that rules have changed now and we need to be present at the passport address for verification

anivargh

Jul 2, 2020
Hi All,

Many might have doubt regarding adding Spouse name in Passport for getting PCC in India. In fact, it is not mandatory. Just keep the marriage certificate with you. I have received PCC successfully.
I have a doubt whether ur spouse has ur name on PCC after u get one

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I have a doubt whether ur spouse has ur name on PCC after u get one
PCCs are for individuals. It does not state your marital status nor the spouse's name.

Lyarooo

Mar 28, 2022
Hi All,

Many might have doubt regarding adding Spouse name in Passport for getting PCC in India. In fact, it is not mandatory. Just keep the marriage certificate with you. I have received PCC successfully.
But which address you put on pcc if passport have girls parents address.. On Pcc which address we need to put for pcc if the passport is not updated with husband address?? Parents address or in-laws address need to put pcc ???

Lyarooo

Mar 28, 2022
Hi All,

Which address you applied for pcc?? Your parents address or in-laws address ??

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Her parents don’t know about our marriage if she declare married in pcc application when police visited her home for verification they ask her parents that his daughter is married or not ?
Hi There

i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

My passport doent have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.

How did you proceed with PCC - can we just say single ? Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in canada.
Will it create any problem with PR process / PCC ?

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

How did you go about it. Can u please advise. - really stressed cos of this.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hyi we have same issue my wife parents don’t know about marriage and if we applied Pcc as a single does it create any problem because on pcc it will show on pcc father name not husband name
Hi There

i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

My passport doent have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.

How did you proceed with PCC - can we just say single ? Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in canada.

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

May 1, 2023
Hi There

Did you apply for PCC?, I have the same problem