+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse name in passport for getting PCC is not Mandatory in India - Express Entry - Canada

Somu0991

Aug 19, 2018
Hi All,

Many might have doubt regarding adding Spouse name in Passport for getting PCC in India. In fact, it is not mandatory. Just keep the marriage certificate with you. I have received PCC successfully.

afza16

Feb 21, 2019
Hi All,

Many might have doubt regarding adding Spouse name in Passport for getting PCC in India. In fact, it is not mandatory. Just keep the marriage certificate with you. I have received PCC successfully.
Hi,
Can you please tell me from which PSK office you got PCC?

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
Hi All,

Hello, I am glad I found your post. Did your wife have spouse name in her passport? I am also going to apply in Coimbatore PSK. But based on a lot of other people's comments, I thought I will have to change my passport to add my husband's name first.
Also, my passport has parent's address where I lived before marriage, where as aadhar card has my husband's house address where I currently live. Will that be any issue? do you know I will have to change address in my passport to match aadhar card in order to get PCC in coimbatore? Thank you!

Somu0991

Aug 19, 2018
Hello, I am glad I found your post. Did your wife have spouse name in her passport? I am also going to apply in Coimbatore PSK. But based on a lot of other people's comments, I thought I will have to change my passport to add my husband's name first.
Also, my passport has parent's address where I lived before marriage, where as aadhar card has my husband's house address where I currently live. Will that be any issue? do you know I will have to change address in my passport to match aadhar card in order to get PCC in coimbatore? Thank you!
You need not add Spouse name in your passport. While applying for PCC mention your spouse details and keep Marriage certificate while gng to Passport office..

For address, while applying for PCC mention your current address different from the address in passport...but u need a proof for the current address ..hope you have your Aadhar for current address....in passport office they might send your application for police verification before issuing PCC...current address verification....after verification they will ask you to come and collect the PCC...

Are you appying for PR on your own? or through consultant?

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
You need not add Spouse name in your passport. While applying for PCC mention your spouse details and keep Marriage certificate while gng to Passport office..

For address, while applying for PCC mention your current address different from the address in passport...but u need a proof for the current address ..hope you have your Aadhar for current address....in passport office they might send your application for police verification before issuing PCC...current address verification....after verification they will ask you to come and collect the PCC...

Are you appying for PR on your own? or through consultant?
Thank you for the response. Yes I have Aadhar card with current address where I am living, but do not have any other proof. I hope that is okay.
I am applying for PR myself. Not using any consultant. What about you?

Somu0991

Aug 19, 2018
Aadhar is enough...I have applied for PR on my own...i am dng a support service for those who are applying on their own...if you are interested, let me know....

mannisingh4u

Nov 5, 2019
Hi,
I am in a similar situation that my wife has a different address on her passport (before marriage) and don't have spouse name added, even I don't have spouse name on passport.
Now I wanted to apply PCC and confused in address, which address to use while applying. She has adhaar card with our current address.
Please guide.

Thanks!!

Somu0991

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,
I am in a similar situation that my wife has a different address on her passport (before marriage) and don't have spouse name added, even I don't have spouse name on passport.
Now I wanted to apply PCC and confused in address, which address to use while applying. She has adhaar card with our current address.
Please guide.

Thanks!!
Spouse name is not mandatory. For address, use the aadhar with current address as proof of address for your wife. No need to change anything in passport. Since address in passport and address in aadhaar differs, officials might decide to do police verification and once that is over, you will get msg to collect your pcc...

#EEC

May 19, 2019
There is no fix rule regarding spouse name for pcc.... For me even my spouse had my name in her passport n we had marriage certificate but PSK never agreed to issue pcc until spouse name updated... Totally depends upon region n previous experience of psk.. So now have new passport have to write LOE for different passport numbers. . But I was lucky that I planned medical as last step n my medical have my new passport no.

Misschitchot

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi All,

Hello there
Can you please tell is that okk if my spouse name is not on the passport to get PCC
As i applied for PCC of my husband, his name is not on my passport and my name is not on his passport. And on my adhar card, my home address instead of my husband’s home address because i just live there 3 months
Hope to hear from you soon

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
Hello, I did not have my husband's name in my passport and same with my husband. I had changed my aadhar card address to my husband's house address because it was very quick to do so online. I was able to get PCC without any trouble after that. But honestly, I don't think it matters which address I have in aadhar card. My husband and I got our PCC from two different officers on different days. They didn't even think we were together, and considered us as individual applicants.

Misschitchot

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hiii guyz, i applied for pcc and my husband appply for his pcc as well. We both are living in canada now. But we do not have each other’s name on passports as spouse. Our police verification has done at home by local police officers. I read so many threads that spouse name should be on your passport. When i go through psk offical site, it mentioned marriage certificate is enough. Guyz can you please tell me at what stage, people faced that problem as i told earlier our verification has done.
Thank you so much in advance

Misschitchot

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello, I did not have my husband's name in my passport and same with my husband. I had changed my aadhar card address to my husband's house address because it was very quick to do so online. I was able to get PCC without any trouble after that. But honestly, I don't think it matters which address I have in aadhar card. My husband and I got our PCC from two different officers on different days. They didn't even think we were together, and considered us as individual applicants.
When did you guyz get yours

Reactions: Nav k