+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
Hi All,

Can someone please guide me:

I got my PR visa stamped and it is valid for entry till Sep 2018. I got married in April 2018. My wife has applied for passport and it will be available by July.

My questions are:

Should I wait to inform CIC about my status change till my wife receives her passport or shall I inform them ASAP? I don't want to be in a situation where CIC ask for my wife's passport and it is not available.
ASAP as they will take 2-3 weeks to reply to Case Specific Enquiry and then give u 30 days to submit her docs (including passport, which would be ready by July)
Once I inform CIC about my status change, will my existing visa stand cancelled until decision is made on my wife's eligibility?
Yes please. Its already cancelled.
How much time this process will take? What if my wife's processing is not over by Sep? My medical will also expire at same time. Will I have to re-appear for medical?
CIC will take an informed stand on that. Not to worry buddy
Please guide on any unforeseen complications here and suggest the best alternative.

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
Hi Tammy,

Congratulations!! :)

I have to add my wife to my existing PPR. We have been married recently but post my PPR which i received in november last year. I have my visa stamped with the expiry date as 13th September 2018. Can someone please guide me the process and requirements to add her and how much time does it take to get this done? She has given her IELTS and have her transcripts ready for wes. How do we contact the CICand how do I update my profile? can you please help us with this?

Thanks
Nitin
Hi Nitin,
Please raise a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to your Visa office (VO)

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
Hi guys, got the email today :D

Visiting VFS tomorrow to submit mine and wife's passports. Thanks @ravish02 for your prompt responses. Finally my Canada dream is coming to reality :)Below is my timelines for reference of all. Cheers!

AOR - 24th Nov 2016
ITA - 15th Dec 2016
Docs submitted - 15th Mar 2017
PPR - 29th Jun 2017
COPR - 20th Jul 2017
Got married - 12th Dec 2017
Request to add spouse - 21st Feb 2018
Request for addn docs by CIC - 4th Mar 2018
Submitted spouse docs - 2nd Apr 2018
Request for medical - 21st Apr 2018
Submitted medical - 30th Apr 2018
Medical passed update - 5th May 2018
2nd PPR - 15th May 2018
Silly question. When and how did u return First COPR. Can we do it when submiting passport with PPR2 or do we have to do it before?

solid daddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
IELTS Request
L8 R9 W7.5 S7

Reneekay

Feb 9, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
You should marry and add in same application before landing Canada... it will take max of 3months to get you PR in this case.(I did same- got my spouse PR in 1month)

If you marry and add after he lands canada .. then processing time will be around 1year.

Best of luck
Oh Thank you.

Also if we go this route do we need to land together; can he land before his medicals expire and i land later on ? (possibly after his medicals expire)

chik14

Mar 20, 2018
Hello, Please when adding spouse after AOR how do we pay for the processing fee and right of permanent residence fee. Is there an account number provided to pay to and if so what evidence do we send to show payment has been made or if not how is the payment done?

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello, Please when adding spouse after AOR how do we pay for the processing fee and right of permanent residence fee. Is there an account number provided to pay to and if so what evidence do we send to show payment has been made or if not how is the payment done?
You have to pay it outside your myCIC account - https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10070. This is also in the guide they send you on how to add your spouse.
You only need to upload the receipt to the additional documents you upload when adding your spouse.

acheandre

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
It has been 3 weeks that i have raised a CSE, is this much time taking is usual?
can also someone tell me the next steps and time durations please?
Hi, I sent an email directly to the Visa Office, they responded right away.

carolnetto

Jun 16, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
You should marry and add in same application before landing Canada... it will take max of 3months to get you PR in this case.(I did same- got my spouse PR in 1month)

If you marry and add after he lands canada .. then processing time will be around 1year.

Best of luck
What about processing inland? I am already in Canada, applying from here and also is my future husband. Is it the same with the flagpole?

Aug 24, 2017
I'm in the club too.
I had my visa stamped on my passport, then married and added my wife to the case before landing,
I was asked for supporting doc.s on August 14, which I provided, then again was asked for Police Certificate for my wife, apparently the one I sent before was a bit too old for the officer, I had to request and extension for the second police certificate because it wasn't ready, which made the deadline for police certificate to be June 22. Anyway I submitted my wife's police certificate on May 30.
So that's 27 days from sending the last doc, and 4 days past the deadline now.

Anyone knows if I, the principal applicant, would go through ALL the steps of background check and security screening again? I don't think it would be the case, just want to make sure.

Aug 24, 2017
Guys,
Any estimate on how long does it take to reissue the ppr for both?
Anything would be useful, your own experience, other's experiences you have heard of, the best case, the worst case etc etc.