+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after COPR

khanfarhan

Mar 4, 2022
Hello everyone!
I've been a lurker of this forum. Thank you to everyone who takes time to help members here in their hurdles. I've learned a lot regarding various problems I've had in my process as an Express Entry FSW applicant myself.

My Situation -

1. Applied for the Express Entry program and received the ITA on Nov 28, 2019.
  2. AOR received Jan 28, 2020
  3. Got Married in August 2020
  4. Informed my Consultants about marriage and they sent me a list of documents for my spouse. All the documents were collected and submitted to the consultants and they raised a request via Webform informing them about adding of spouse into my application along with her complete documents.
  5. Received COPR February 7, 2022 - But the COPR / PPR email is only for me.
  6. I sent my Passport for stamping on 1st March 2022 as 30 day deadline was near
I'm now confused if my passport gets stamped and then they add my spouse into the application what would be the next steps, will they ask my passport again for cancellation of the visa i just got or they will simply ask my wife to submit her passport for stamping.

The consultants are confused in this matter as well. They have sent an email to the Delhi embassy stating that they've sent my spouse's documents and this is the reply received

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your application at the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised that your email has been forwarded to the concerned office. The office will contact you with further information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Migration Section / Section de migration
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde
Please note my passport is still with the IRCC Office and I'm waiting to receive it.

Anything that suggest my next steps for adding my spouse to my application in the correct way would be helpful.

Thank you for reading! Have a great day.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello everyone!
I've been a lurker of this forum. Thank you to everyone who takes time to help members here in their hurdles. I've learned a lot regarding various problems I've had in my process as an Express Entry FSW applicant myself.

My Situation -

1. Applied for the Express Entry program and received the ITA on Nov 28, 2019.
  2. AOR received Jan 28, 2020
  3. Got Married in August 2020
  4. Informed my Consultants about marriage and they sent me a list of documents for my spouse. All the documents were collected and submitted to the consultants and they raised a request via Webform informing them about adding of spouse into my application along with her complete documents.
  5. Received COPR February 7, 2022 - But the COPR / PPR email is only for me.
  6. I sent my Passport for stamping on 1st March 2022 as 30 day deadline was near
I'm now confused if my passport gets stamped and then they add my spouse into the application what would be the next steps, will they ask my passport again for cancellation of the visa i just got or they will simply ask my wife to submit her passport for stamping.

The consultants are confused in this matter as well. They have sent an email to the Delhi embassy stating that they've sent my spouse's documents and this is the reply received

Please note my passport is still with the IRCC Office and I'm waiting to receive it.

Anything that suggest my next steps for adding my spouse to my application in the correct way would be helpful.

Thank you for reading! Have a great day.
Hi,

From your post, I have understood that you got married in 2020 and spousal documents were provided the same year.

Wasn't your spouse already added in your application?
Are you able to see any dependant option being enabled following the Medical and UCI update for him/her !?

Further, FYI when the application progress is completed, the RFV /or PPR email is always addressed to the Primary Applicant regardless of the no. of applicants included in the profile. Thus, using the same PPR copy you submit passports for all the family members per application(if accompanying) along with the P.A. to the nearest IRCC office for the visa stamping.

khanfarhan

Mar 4, 2022
Update : I received my passport yesterday with the visa stamped and COPR only for me, and the marital status on it says Single.

I have no clue when are we going to get an update on it for my wife.

And as I understand I will have to sent this passport and visa back whenever they request my wife's passport as well.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Update : I received my passport yesterday with the visa stamped and COPR only for me, and the marital status on it says Single.

I have no clue when are we going to get an update on it for my wife.

And as I understand I will have to sent this passport and visa back whenever they request my wife's passport as well.
Did you guys inform IRCC first seeking further instructions /or just forwarded the documents directly for the spouse ?

If you guys followed the second option then I doubt if IRCC had considered the provided documents, as you received no update even after 1-1½ years of documents submission. Also, there have been many similar examples, where people faced issues when they provided the documents straightaway without being requested. Those people were requested again. The same could have happened to you. So, you need to raise the webform again highlighting this issue !

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022
@khanfarhan ,this is generic response that I've been receiving for many months now. If you ask me, this response means nothing. I got a response from Ottawa CPC that my file is in New Delhi and that i need to ask them to add my wife as a a dependent after 8 months of raising web forms

khanfarhan

Mar 4, 2022
@khanfarhan ,this is generic response that I've been receiving for many months now. If you ask me, this response means nothing. I got a response from Ottawa CPC that my file is in New Delhi and that i need to ask them to add my wife as a a dependent after 8 months of raising web forms
Hi Nitin,

I have received a reply from CIC acknowledging the spouse update and a document checklist on July 21, 2022.

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
Hi Nitin,

I have received a reply from CIC acknowledging the spouse update and a document checklist on July 21, 2022.
Hello khanfarhan, can you share the checklist of documents that CIC provided you? I am trying to add my spouse as well.

khanfarhan

Mar 4, 2022
Hello khanfarhan, can you share the checklist of documents that CIC provided you? I am trying to add my spouse as well.
The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this
correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information
available and could be rejected.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $825, a RPRF
of $500 and a fee of $85 for biometrics must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must
be made online:
  • Go to our Online Payment webpage;
  • Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed;
  • Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence;
  • Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee;
  • Click “Submit”.

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account.

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms

• Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or
  • common-law partner (CLP);
  • Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or
  • A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/
  • Declaration IMM 5669;
  • Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law
  • partner (CLP);
  • If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.

4. Documents
  • Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;
  • Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;
  • If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;
  • If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.

5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for
more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates
after their stay in these countries.

6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &
Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire.

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,
drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).

8. Medical certificate

Your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) and their dependent children, whether or not they will be
accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel
physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.

Reactions: monttaal

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this
correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information
available and could be rejected.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $825, a RPRF
of $500 and a fee of $85 for biometrics must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must
be made online:
  • Go to our Online Payment webpage;
  • Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed;
  • Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence;
  • Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee;
  • Click “Submit”.

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account.

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms

• Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or
  • Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or
  • A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/
  • Declaration IMM 5669;
  • Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law
  • partner (CLP);
  • If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.

4. Documents
  • Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;
  • Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;
  • If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;
  • If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.

5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for
more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates
after their stay in these countries.

6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &
Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire.

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement,
drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).

8. Medical certificate

Your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) and their dependent children, whether or not they will be
accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel
physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Thank you!