+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
Hello,

So just before my COPR expiry, I received a reply from IRCC asking me to submit documents for my spouse - around 7 to 8 documents in total. passport copy, photograph, police clearance, IMM0008 and some other forms etc. I have to submit this within 30 days.
Can you share the list of documents IRCC requested?

Jul 11, 2022
Guys,

Can anyone help me with my issue? I got my Copr stamped very recently. During this process, I got married last month. When I tried to update my marital status using a webform. I got the following response

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

This led me to a couple of questions:

1) Can I do a soft landing without any issues as I have already updated IRCC with my marital status?

2) Can I sponsor my spouse as soon as I move to Canada?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
southwindsor_ct
When I raised the second web form, I got the following response: This time it is much better.

"We verified the information you provided regarding your marital status and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required."

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
When I raised the second web form, I got the following response: This time it is much better.

"We verified the information you provided regarding your marital status and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required."
What information did you provide them?

natasha1522

Oct 31, 2019
Hi members, created a telegram group to connect better for applicants married post AOR/CoPR .. kindly personal message me to be added...
Hi, Can you please add me to this group? Would be great. I'm on the same boat. My partner received COPR today, we're planning to get married soon. Would like to understand timelines

Reactions: Rayraygreen

natasha1522

Oct 31, 2019
Has anyone got any idea of what documents asked when we tell IRCC we're getting married post COPR prior to landing? Also approx timeline expected? Is this route better than spousal sponsorship? I'm based in India and currently Outland sponsorship is reflecting as 24 months!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
As I posted earlier, my brother in law added his spouse in Feb 2021 and is still waiting for progress....18 months and counting...he applied via express entry and is outside of Canada (of course)

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
Has anyone been getting updates from IRCC? It's been 4 months months since I informed IRCC of my marriage via webform, still no response from them on what documents I should send to them to include my spouse. Does it help to submit another web form?

rmsprs

Jul 4, 2020
Is my lawyer misleading me?
I am planning on getting married prior to landing and everywhere I read it said you can get married before landing and it will cancel your existing COPR and once the partner's application is accessed new COPR will be issued for the couple. the lawyer I used for my processes so far straight up told me that it cannot be done and the only way I can do it is by sponsoring my SO for which I need to land at least once and then marrying & sponsoring. Any opnions?

Reactions: RSub

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Did you hear back after 30 days or more than that
I'm not sure what you mean. He submitted the paperwork to add his spouse, which was recieved by IRCC.... I believe this was in Feb 2021. He had an email sent to him in Oct 2021 that his application was still in progress, since that email we have heard nothing. I submtted an ATIP request for the GCMS notes in March 2022...received a temporary tracking number...nothing else since then. So everything is well after 30 days...

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
If spouse is added after COPR is CRS recalculated or looked at?
Why people keep asking the same d**b question again and again. A simple google search would give you the answer.