Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
My brother in law is in a similar situation....he is currently living in Dubai with his wife. He originally applied Mar 20, 2019, received visa and COPR Feb 2020 with almost a year before expiry (he had just redone his medicals). Then COVID hit, he married in Dec 2020 and informed IRCC, sent spousal information Feb 2021. COPR and visa cancelled as expected, requested to submit documents for spouse which he did in Mar 2021.....and he's been waiting since

On his ECAS is says:
Eligibility - we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Medical - you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes
Review of additional documents - we are reviewing the additional documents you provided
Interview - you do not need an interview
Biometrics - May 6, 2019 completed
Background check - we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Under the Biometrics in the top right, there is nothing showing for Biometrics Number, Date of Biometrics Enrolment, Expiry Date.

I submitted a ATIP request for GCMS notes Mar 24, 2022 but we haven't heard anything (I just sent a follow-up a couple of weeks ago)

Is there a tracking sheet for those who added a spouse between COPR and Landing?

Joanne.th1111

Jul 11, 2022
Hello,

I am in a similar situation where I got married after my copr and before my first landing

Timelines:

Copr - aug 2021
Marriage - nov 2021
Copr expiry - July 21, 2022

I informed IRCC though webfrom in December regarding the change in status along with marriage certificate. I did not receive any response yet so I followed up this month and still did not receive an initial response from IRCC.

Since my COPR is nearing expiry in 10 days and without any response from IRCC regarding updating my status do i risk losing a Copr extension?

Is it wise to travel to Canada alone to make my first landing and declare about the marital status at the immigration since I have not received any response from IRCC?

Jul 11, 2022
Guys,

Can anyone help me with my issue? I got my Copr stamped very recently. During this process, I got married last month. When I tried to update my marital status using a webform. I got the following response

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

This led me to a couple of questions:

1) Can I do a soft landing without any issues as I have already updated IRCC with my marital status?

2) Can I sponsor my spouse as soon as I move to Canada?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
southwindsor_ct

Jul 11, 2022
Hello,

I am in a similar situation where I got married after my copr and before my first landing

Timelines:

Copr - aug 2021
Marriage - nov 2021

I informed IRCC though webfrom in December regarding the change in status along with marriage certificate. I did not receive any response yet so I followed up this month and still did not receive an initial response from IRCC.

Since my COPR is nearing expiry in 10 days and without any response from IRCC regarding updating my status do i risk losing a Copr extension?

Is it wise to travel to Canada alone to make my first landing and declare about the marital status at the immigration since I have not received any response from IRCC?
This is really frustrating. If I were you, I would have completed all the forms and documents and uploaded them via a web form. I am unsure if it is a good idea to travel to Canada without adding your spouse. I may be wrong. Let someone add more information to this, I will also try to gather more info for you.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hello,

Timelines:

Copr - aug 2021
Marriage - nov 2021

It seems like because you got married and informed IRCC AFTER you got your CoPR, they are ignoring you. If I were you, I would travel and land, then go back home and make a new application for spousal sponsorship. Meanwhile your spouse can apply for a visitor visa and accompany you to Canada.

john_lfa

Jun 10, 2022
Hello,

Timelines:

Copr - aug 2021
Marriage - nov 2021

Hello!

I was in a similar situation. I also got married after COPR.
I was also not receiving any answers to my webforms and after a while I realized the problem was that I was sending the webform to the wrong VO's because I was selecting "yes" when it is asked if your application is being processed OUTSIDE Canada.
After I chose the correct option , they answered me in a week.

Joanne.th1111

Jul 11, 2022
Hello,

So just before my COPR expiry, I received a reply from IRCC asking me to submit documents for my spouse - around 7 to 8 documents in total. passport copy, photograph, police clearance, IMM0008 and some other forms etc. I have to submit this within 30 days.