+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Do I still submit spouse's passport along with mine since RFV says to send all as one package (although my cic portal hasn't included spouse nor did the said RFV email)? I'm in limbo.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
@maghool71 @legalfalcon HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!
Oh no, I don't know to congratulate you or not!!
I saw a similar case in this same thread I think, this is really weird :( I think you should call and update them directly,and send webforms too. I think you can't just submit your spouse's passport if his/her name wasn't mentioned in the RVF email at all. Also, ask @legalfalcon what's the best thing to do.

Reactions: Naynah

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Oh no, I don't know to congratulate you or not!!
I saw a similar case in this same thread I think, this is really weird :( I think you should call and update them directly,and send webforms too. I think you can't just submit your spouse's passport if his/her name wasn't mentioned in the RVF email at all. Also, ask @legalfalcon what's the best thing to do.
Oooook...... Mehn have I being thrown to unique situations for two years!!! Let me now scream for @legalfalcon yo dhow me the wayyyyyy!!

Reactions: maghool71

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
@legalfalcon I need your help please!
AOR: 22 March, 2020
Request letter for add spouse: 22 December 2021
Submitted add spouse requirements: 16 January 2022
(note that I had to submit by Web form because provision to do so was not available on my cic portal and finformed IRCC via several webform)
RFV email: 11 February, 2022 (spouse name not in email nor included in cic account portal)

What do I do? @legalfalcon help me

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
(note that I had to submit by Web form because provision to do so was not available on my cic portal and finformed IRCC via several webform)
RFV email: 11 February, 2022 (spouse name not in email nor included in cic account portal)

Do you see your spouse's name and UCI in your MyCIC account on the top right? If not, then your spouse may not have been added and you will have to contact IRCC.

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Do you see your spouse's name and UCI in your MyCIC account on the top right? If not, then your spouse may not have been added and you will have to contact IRCC.
I have sent several technical issues enquiry and Web forms to have this issue rectified but I am not getting any meaningful response

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
I have sent several technical issues enquiry and Web forms to have this issue rectified but I am not getting any meaningful response
Mostly automated IRCC emails. When the RFV email came (@legalfalcon) I sent another Web form and this morning by past 12am I got an automated response to my enquiry

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
If you have an application in process, you can: · check your application status online or · request a change of address
Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online. The processing office will contact you if further information is needed. For more information, you can: · get general information about our programs, find an application package or form, and · find answers to common questions in our Help Centre. We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience. Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

This is the automated messages have been getting since late December when I send Web forms. They come very quickly

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi guys, I'm AOR Nov 2019 and I'm recently got married and raised a webform to inform them about that. They sent me a list of forms to fill in though the fee is "if applicable".

My question is, should I submit all forms and documents without the fee and wait for them to request it later (as I know it will take forever for them to finalize our cases) or is it better to pay for the fee upfront? @legalfalcon if you can help please?

Neo Nelson

Feb 4, 2019
AOR feb 2020. I have submitted forms to add spouse to my application on feb 2021. Still not added. Received medical request for me alone twice after that. Received passport request also twice. Raised many webforms regarding this. Anyone in the same boat.

Neo Nelson

Feb 4, 2019

I am in similiar situation like yours. Please update if you got any update

Reactions: Naynah

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys, I'm AOR Nov 2019 and I'm recently got married and raised a webform to inform them about that. They sent me a list of forms to fill in though the fee is "if applicable".

My question is, should I submit all forms and documents without the fee and wait for them to request it later (as I know it will take forever for them to finalize our cases) or is it better to pay for the fee upfront? @legalfalcon if you can help please?
That is your choice. However, if you pay the fee upfront you save the processing time of IRCC sending you a request, then you submit it and it is processed.

Also, you have to at least pay the application fee, even if you want to pay the RPRF later.

Reactions: amyung

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020

Hi

I am in the same boat. Because of the delays, I did all that I could upfront.

Got a request for uploading a long list of documents for adding my spouse.
I went ahead and submitted upfront medical and proof of complete payment (receipt) also along with these. I also submitted my vaccination certificate (though they didn't as for it). For doing medicals, they do ask for vaccination certificate now. I did that just in case if they can extend my medical validity using it, as it already expired last year.

You can see my signature for more details. Will keep updating the progress.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi all, I submitted several web forms with additional documents to add a spouse to my PR application.
She already had a UCI (with Biometrics info) before in her separate Visitor Visa.

But now IRCC has added her to my application (I can see her as a dependent) and given her a different UCI and I don't see her Biometrics number.
Does this mean she needs to re-do Bio? How do I link her 2 UCIs together?