+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn: IMM8 and IMM5406 forms for PA and spouse?

princepk

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After sending a Webform request to add a newborn, I received a request letter saying:

"IMM8 and IMM5406 forms for you and your spouse"

Checked my IRCC account and found only the following under the Principal Applicant to add the newborn:

1) Birth Registration/Certificate
2) Passport/Travel Documents
3) Digital photo
4) Generic Applicant Form for Canada
5) Additional Family Info IMM5406

6) Payment Receipt

While the Request letter explicitly mentions that me and my spouse need to fill IMM8 and IMM5406, the UPLOAD FILE options are only available under mine (PA) section. No option to upload documents under spouse's section.

Now I keep reading that only PA need to fill IMM0008 while both PA and spouse need to fill their IMM5406 forms, I simply can't find an option to upload documents from my spouse's side.

Should I only submit the documents from my side (i.e. upload under my section), or should I merge PDFs, make as one, and upload both forms from both PA and spouse's side under PA?

Thanks.

Dec 22, 2021
After sending a Webform request to add a newborn, I received a request letter saying:

"IMM8 and IMM5406 forms for you and your spouse"

Checked my IRCC account and found only the following under the Principal Applicant to add the newborn:

1) Birth Registration/Certificate
2) Passport/Travel Documents
3) Digital photo
4) Generic Applicant Form for Canada
5) Additional Family Info IMM5406

6) Payment Receipt

While the Request letter explicitly mentions that me and my spouse need to fill IMM8 and IMM5406, the UPLOAD FILE options are only available under mine (PA) section. No option to upload documents under spouse's section.

Now I keep reading that only PA need to fill IMM0008 while both PA and spouse need to fill their IMM5406 forms, I simply can't find an option to upload documents from my spouse's side.

Should I only submit the documents from my side (i.e. upload under my section), or should I merge PDFs, make as one, and upload both forms from both PA and spouse's side under PA?

Thanks.
What did you do? Submitted IMM5406 form for both or PA only?