+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding baby to the application after visa issuance

dialsaurabh

Sep 12, 2009
Me and my wife were granted permanent residence to Canada, and issued landing papers.

We reported birth of our baby, and received a letter from the immigration office asking
1. Birth certificate of baby
2. 4 baby photo
3. Processing fee for baby

There was also a text in the letter which says "You and your spouse must complete new forms after birth of the child, and may be required to undergo medical exam, submit new police certificates to update your info".

I would wait for them to come back to me with request to undergo medical exams(as it has to be their forms), and police certificate.

However, what new forms can I and spouse resubmit. In other words, should I refill any forms and submit back at this time ?

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
This is quite interesting. When were you issued PR visa and landing papers?
When did you do your medicals?
There are a lot of possibilities here. First, the CIC will cancel your PR visas and landing papers. They will request for your newborn baby medicals, processing fee, etc. they will then re-issue all your visas and landing papers together. Note: If your medicals expire, then you will need to do a new one but you may be lucky they may process your newborn PR fast before your medicals expire.
Good luck

dialsaurabh

Sep 12, 2009
My PR landing date is Oct 22, 2009.

The letter says "We received your request for extending landing date". Following is required for your baby:
1. birth certificate
2. 4 passport size photo
3. processing fee
You and your spouse must complete new forms after birth of the child, and may be required to undergo medical exam, submit new police certificates to update your info

dialsaurabh

Sep 12, 2009
Please let me know your opinion if I should just submit the 3 things asked for the baby at this time OR should I refill/resubmit any new forms ??

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
What do you mena by landing date?
When does your PR visa expire? It should be the same date that your medicals expire.
Waiting for your answer.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
dialsaurabh said:
My PR landing date is Oct 22, 2009.

The letter says "We received your request for extending landing date". Following is required for your baby:
1. birth certificate
2. 4 passport size photo
3. processing fee
You and your spouse must complete new forms after birth of the child, and may be required to undergo medical exam, submit new police certificates to update your info
if you want to bring your new baby with you to canada, you have to comply with the requirements for adding a new family member.

dialsaurabh

Sep 12, 2009
The visa issued to me, and my wife expires on Oct 22, 2009.

We expressed concern to the Canadian consulate that we are expecting baby around this time and need extension of landing date. To this request, they issued the letter.

My medicals have expired, and I understand that I'll have to undergo medical exams again. However, Canadian consulate will send me new medical forms to undergo tests again, and I don't think I can undergo tests NOW. Can I ???

My question is, at this time should I just return the 3 things they asked for the baby OR do I need to refill any forms(like application for permanent residence, additional family info form etc)..

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
This varies from visa office to visa office.
Normally, the CIC in their letter to you would have listed exactly what they want you to send to them.
For example, when i added my wife to the application after my visa was issued, CIC london only requested me to send the processing fee , Schedule 1 background declaration (IM 0008) , Additional family information form (IM-5406), police clearance (all for my wife).
My advise is for you to check through the letter they sent to you, surely you will see the list of all the documents they need. Don't send what they don't request from you.
Hope this clears your doubts?
Congrats on your new born baby and Good luck