+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a New Born

stan25

Nov 23, 2010
Hi Guys,

I have submitted my docs to the London VO and now I have a new baby. I am aware I have to pay processing fees of $150.00, submit 4 passport photographs, copy of birth certificate and international passport if available.

I have the following questions to ask:

(1) Which form(s) do I need to include; (additional family information)? and (processing fees form)?

(2) Is there any deadline for passing this information to the VO as am yet to receive the birth certificate?

(3) Is there any other information or form I need to include?

I will appreciate your response. Thanks.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Stan
When It happened to me too.Here is what I did :
I sent to VO london:
1)A letter informing them about the new born
2)A notarized copy of birth Cert.
3) A notarized copy of passport
4) A bank draft CAD 150.

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also send updated IMM Forms and updated Proof of Funds, as one family member has increased.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Stan & Sm001
After a while they sent me a request to update the forms namely:
1)New Application for permanent residence IMM008
2)New Schedule 1/background declaration
3)New Additional Family Information IMM5406

stan25

Nov 23, 2010
Hi Ario and SM001,

Thanks for your response. At this stage, do I need to apply for an international passport for the baby or just add the baby on my own passport? If I have to apply for an international passport for the baby, can I submit all other docs now and deal with the international passport later, because the VO states submit passport if available?

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@sm001
Sure ,you can send all the details now and send the passport when you get it.The most important thing is having the baby on the forms and the processing fees. His passport is not that important at this stage,the new born has no immigration history,no background check for him.

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now a days they are not adding baby's name in parents' passports...so you have to apply for baby's passport...

You can get passport in one week in tatkal...you can send it as well

Or you can apply for passport in normal mode (you will get it in one to two months), you can send the VO the passport application receipt...that will do

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
If it is so quick to get a passport ,may be it is worthwhile sending everything at the same time