+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add Spouse To PR Application which is currently in Processing

Aug 9, 2019
Hello All, Can someone provide a sample letter of explanation that i need to send to CIC to add my spouse to PR application ? I have completed all the requested documents as requested below and need some help on LOE. I would greatly appreciate if someone can help with this letter.

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am principal applicant and my application is submiited online and recently i got married and in that case do i need to still Submit IMM008 as pricipal applicant or IMM008 to add spouse as dependent suffice along with 5669 and 5406? Also any reason why principal applicant submit the IMM5669 and IMM54065 again when his application is already is progress? I would greatly help any responses that could help me in clarifying.
You have to update your forms because your information has changed. Your spouse, as a co-applicant, has to complete certain forms.

Send a CSE via webform indicating your change of marital status and that you wish to add your spouse to your application, and request instructions how to proceed. IRCC will tell you which forms you need to complete.

asharma90

Oct 10, 2019
I've received AOR (Express Entry CEC) on 23rd June 2018 and received PPR on 3rd Dec 2018 following which I got married on 12th DEC 2018 and informed CIC about it, they acknowledged and provided a set of documents to be submitted for adding a spouse. Submitted all the required documents on 14th January 2019. The online portal started showing dependent with UCI generated (a few days later). Its been around 10 months and we still didn't get PPR yet, Applied for GCMS notes in April which they provided in June with In progress status. Then applied in July and they haven't provided it yet around 3 months. Any comments Folks!

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
I've received AOR (Express Entry CEC) on 23rd June 2018 and received PPR on 3rd Dec 2018 following which I got married on 12th DEC 2018 and informed CIC about it, they acknowledged and provided a set of documents to be submitted for adding a spouse. Submitted all the required documents on 14th January 2019. The online portal started showing dependent with UCI generated (a few days later). Its been around 10 months and we still didn't get PPR yet, Applied for GCMS notes in April which they provided in June with In progress status. Then applied in July and they haven't provided it yet around 3 months. Any comments Folks!
AOR 17th July 2018. Married in December 2018. Got GCMS notes. Added spouse in April 2019. Submitted all requested documents in May 2019. File moved to NDVO the day after I submitted all documents. Ordered GCMS notes twice after that. No movement since file moving to NDVO.

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First, you have to be clear about the difference between accompanying and non-accompanying. "Accompanying" means she will get PR at the same time as you (even if she does not plan to move to Canada immediately). "Non-accompanying" means you will have to sponsor her later, so it will take more time.

Second - if you still choose "non-accompanying," you need to add her to your application as non-accompanying and she still needs to fill out the forms, submit police clearance(s), and complete the medical exam. This is what you MUST do to preserve the right to sponsor her later. But you do not need to pay the application fee or RPRF at this time.

Unless she does not plan to move within the 3 years after you become a PR (and cannot meet the residency requirements), it is much better to include her as "accompanying."
Dear @jes_ON I am a Quebec Skilled worker applicant since 2014, now I am about to get married (in two months!) Since i am in the federal stage, i should add my wife to the IRCC application file, which is in process, however i still have to report the same to the government of Quebec, to issue a new CSQ for me and my future wife! i saw your post about the "accompanying and non-accompanying" and i am still confused about applying this to my case! I believe that Quebec government is going to re-evaluate my profile and re-calculate the points together for me and my future wife to issue the new CSQs, is there any chance that i put my future wife as non-accompanying to avoid the re-calculation ? I applied for the CSQ six years ago, now i am older!!! i don't ant to lose points for age since they will evaluate my situation now!

can anyone else help ?