+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Active tuberculosis

Ek0101

Apr 30, 2021
Hi
Today i got email that says stay at home because i have active tuberculosis
They found it in immigration medical and they gona start my treatment from 20 may .
My question are
How many months treatment will take ??
I got ita and my file due date is 1 july should i submit file or not ??
Is there chances of rejection or they gona put my file on hold until treatment as i got ita under cec
Please give me advice
Thanks in advance

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Only your doctor can give you information about the treatment, but since it’s still active probably your application will be refused due to it (risk to Canada).

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi @Ek0101 Take out the immigration part out for now. The fact you're diagnosed with active TB is a major concern. TB could be fatal if left untreated. So I would encourage you to focus on starting the medication period and your well being, as it is more important than your Permanent Residency.

Now let me tell you a personal example. FYI, similar situation happened to a close friend of mine and He did make it to Canada.

As far as the immigration is concerned, with an active TB in the immigration medical exam, there's no use accepting your invitation and submitting your documents. You will be turned down if you decide to do it anyway.

So get yourself treated first. After 6 months, apply again, provide IRCC physician all your medication records and you should be good to go.

PR will come eventually. Don't lose your heart

Last edited:
Reactions: ceceh

Ek0101

Apr 30, 2021
Hi @Ek0101 Take out the immigration part out for now. The fact you're diagnosed with active TB is a major concern. TB could be fatal if left untreated. So I would encourage you to focus on starting the medication period and your well being, as it is more important than your Permanent Residency.

Now let me tell you a personal example. FYI, similar situation happened to a close friend of mine and He did make it to Canada.

As far as the immigration is concerned, with an active TB in the immigration medical exam, there's no use accepting your invitation and submitting your documents. You will be turned down if you decide to do it anyway.

So get yourself treated first. After 6 months, apply again, provide IRCC physician all your medication records and you should be good to go.

PR will come eventually. Don't lose your heart
Thank you tom
Yeah I'm just waiting for public health to start my treatment and i know tuberculosis is dangerous disease. I will definitely follow my doctor.
Thanks for providing me infomation related immigration part i will apply again after treatment.
Thank you so much for giving me hope

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
They found it in immigration medical and they gona start my treatment from 20 may .
My question are
Is there chances of rejection or they gona put my file on hold until treatment as i got ita under cec
Please give me advice
Thanks in advance
Sure you know this already but for the benefit of others it is 6 months minimum. It is a very difficult treatment and you will be followed very closely to make sure you are compliant with the treatment. Canada does not have TB in it’s general population and wants to keep it that way so they treat it very seriously. Your file can only be completed after your TB treatment is successful and your TB culture and x-rays are clear.

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi
My question are
Please give me advice
Thanks in advance
Hi, I hope you got well. A friend of mine had the same problem. During his medical exams they noticed that he has active tuberculosis. He will start the treatment, however he doesn't know anything about his process anymore. What did you do regarding your process? Did they say anything? thanks