+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acknowledgement of application for PNP by Ontario

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hi,
I sent the application on 3rd Sept.15 by Speed Post(India Post). But there is no update regd. the delivery of the package to the OOPNP. I have registered the complaint on 28th Sept but there has been no response from them yet, they say they need to get update from Canada office. Then, I used "Ask an Expert" on Ontario Immigration website, no reply from there too(its just yesterday i sent the message). I called the bank, Demand Draft is still is outstanding (not encashed) which I think to be lucky.
Now the advice I was looking for is; In this situation, Do you think I should give up my hope on it? And should I revoke the Demand Draft? By cancelling DD, I at least save my money CAD1500. I am absolutely clueless and confused. Need your expert advice on it.

Thank you.

Dinesh, Kerala

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Dineshkc said:
Hi,
I sent the application on 3rd Sept.15 by Speed Post(India Post). But there is no update regd. the delivery of the package to the OOPNP. I have registered the complaint on 28th Sept but there has been no response from them yet, they say they need to get update from Canada office. Then, I used "Ask an Expert" on Ontario Immigration website, no reply from there too(its just yesterday i sent the message). I called the bank, Demand Draft is still is outstanding (not encashed) which I think to be lucky.
Now the advice I was looking for is; In this situation, Do you think I should give up my hope on it? And should I revoke the Demand Draft? By cancelling DD, I at least save my money CAD1500. I am absolutely clueless and confused. Need your expert advice on it.

Thank you.

Dinesh, Kerala
Don't worry about your application. OOPNP dept will send you confirmation of your application after going through it and checking for its completeness.
From the day your application is delivered at OOPNP office, it will take roughly about 6-8 weeks before they go through your application.

I'll suggest you not to cancel your draft. Just make sure from your postal service that your application package has been received at OOPNP office.

CanDreamerz

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
OINP: 01-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
05-05-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
25-10-2016
Dineshkc said:
Hi,

Thank you.

Dinesh, Kerala
Sending documents through speed post may take close to a month for delivery. It might be waiting for customs clearance.
I personally had a bad experience when my university sent transcripts through Indian Speed Post for WES ECA.
I'd recommend to monitor the status in Canada post website.

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Thank you CanDreamerz and Rafzy.

I tried Canada Post too to track it. but it shows its been accepted by Canada Post but there is no delivery status. and yea, if its stuck somewhere waiting for customs then, it will delay the application to reach there and it will exceed the 45 days' time I had been given, because I had hardly 15 working days remaining in total 45 days.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Dineshkc said:
Thank you CanDreamerz and Rafzy.

I tried Canada Post too to track it. but it shows its been accepted by Canada Post but there is no delivery status. and yea, if its stuck somewhere waiting for customs then, it will delay the application to reach there and it will exceed the 45 days' time I had been given, because I had hardly 15 working days remaining in total 45 days.
I hope it doesn't happen to you, but in this case, I think you can try to send an appeal to OINP if it doesn't get there within the 45 days, say it was out of your situation.

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
bellaluna said:
I hope it doesn't happen to you, but in this case, I think you can try to send an appeal to OINP if it doesn't get there within the 45 days, say it was out of your situation.
Thank you bellaluna, I appreciate your reply and your good wishes.

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
bellaluna said:

I just got the update from Post Office that the package had been stuck in transit (Germany), and they are now going to move it. I need to inform this to OINP department, as you said, it was beyond my control. [Can I use this email ID: ontarionominee@ontario.ca. It has been clearly written there that, "Enquiries made within 90 calendar days of the date the application was received by OINP will not be answered.." ]

Can you pls give me the correspondence ID (Email ID) for informing them that my package has been stuck in transit. And, would they consider it if I appeal them that though I sent before the deadline, its delayed due to courier service?

Thank you for your help. Appreciate it.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Dineshkc said:
I just got the update from Post Office that the package had been stuck in transit (Germany), and they are now going to move it. I need to inform this to OINP department, as you said, it was beyond my control. [Can I use this email ID: ontarionominee@ontario.ca. It has been clearly written there that, "Enquiries made within 90 calendar days of the date the application was received by OINP will not be answered.." ]

Can you pls give me the correspondence ID (Email ID) for informing them that my package has been stuck in transit. And, would they consider it if I appeal them that though I sent before the deadline, its delayed due to courier service?

Thank you for your help. Appreciate it.
Sorry to hear what happened to you. ontarionominee@ontario.ca is their primary email address so this should be fine. As for whether they'll consider your appeal, nobody knows except them.

Include the receipts and whatever documents you have showing that you sent it X date and it should've arrived at OINP by X date. But due to a circumstance out of your control (force majeure), there is a slight delay.

Explain everything very clearly and give explicit details (stuck in Germany due to X reason). Make it a very strong case, appeal to their humanity and give it your best shot. Your Canadian dream will depend on it.

Good luck buddy, I wish you the best.

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
T365 said:
Sorry to hear what happened to you. ontarionominee@ontario.ca is their primary email address so this should be fine. As for whether they'll consider your appeal, nobody knows except them.

Include the receipts and whatever documents you have showing that you sent it X date and it should've arrived at OINP by X date. But due to a circumstance out of your control (force majeure), there is a slight delay.

Explain everything very clearly and give explicit details (stuck in Germany due to X reason). Make it a very strong case, appeal to their humanity and give it your best shot. Your Canadian dream will depend on it.

Good luck buddy, I wish you the best.
Amen to God is good all the time.

and thank you for your advice. Appreciate it. I will do it as you said.

God Bless.

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hi,

The Item sent on 3rd Sept 15 was delivered on 19th Oct 2015. But I have not received the Confirmation letter nor the Acknowledgement letter. Nor any information that the item has been returned to me as it did not reach within 45 days of period ( I sent the email with all the proofs that I had sent it much before the deadline).

I have got no confirmation of any of the things from OINP. When I called SBI (Bank), they said in order to cancel the DD, I should have original DD leaf. Cancelling the DD is the last option to get the money back I spent if there is no confirmation or acknowledgement.

Pls advise me.

Thank you very much. Its really frustrating and I am shaken.

ch kalyan

Apr 12, 2015
That is the reason always use a professional service like DHL,Fedex,Bluedart, Until unless mentioned by CIC that t your application must be sent only by post.

In saving money you ended up in agony and mental stress.

Hope for the best.

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
ch kalyan said:
That is the reason always use a professional service like DHL,Fedex,Bluedart, Until unless mentioned by CIC that t your application must be sent only by post.

In saving money you ended up in agony and mental stress.

Hope for the best.
Thanks for your comment, But I was looking for some kind of way out or at least reassurance or say to wait for some days, or something like that from a more experienced person. You are advising me for something which is already finished. Your comment is helpful for those who are yet to send the application or docs. Even then I would say we cannot advertise any courier service is better than other one, Kalyan. I have a friend who suffered like this for the item he sent to USA through one of the couriers you mentioned here(I dont want to say the name, why should I demote or promote it when people are suffering from all the courier services) because it was misdelivered and so delayed.

all the best to you too dear ch kalyan.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dineshkc said:
Thanks for your comment, But I was looking for some kind of way out or at least reassurance or say to wait for some days, or something like that from a more experienced person. You are advising me for something which is already finished. Your comment is helpful for those who are yet to send the application or docs. Even then I would say we cannot advertise any courier service is better than other one, Kalyan. I have a friend who suffered like this for the item he sent to USA through one of the couriers you mentioned here(I dont want to say the name, why should I demote or promote it when people are suffering from all the courier services) because it was misdelivered and so delayed.

all the best to you too dear ch kalyan.
Hi..
Quite an unfortunate situation to be in.
But since the tracker says that your package was delivered, you're going to have to believe it.
The AOR from OINP is sent after about 60-80 days from the date of delivery.
If you're still unsure, your only option is to email OINP, explain the whole situation and ask them to confirm that your application was received.
Make sure to include important information about your package (tracking number, your name, DOB and Passport number).
Good luck!

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
heeru_maan said:
Hi..
Quite an unfortunate situation to be in.
But since the tracker says that your package was delivered, you're going to have to believe it.
The AOR from OINP is sent after about 60-80 days from the date of delivery.
If you're still unsure, your only option is to email OINP, explain the whole situation and ask them to confirm that your application was received.
Make sure to include important information about your package (tracking number, your name, DOB and Passport number).
Good luck!
Thank you heeru_maan. Oh! It takes 60-80 days to get AOR. That means I still keep the hope burning.
Yes, the courier has delivered it on 19th Oct. But before 2/3 days of its delivery I have sent an email to OINP explaining the things which were beyond control. But there is no response yet. Let's see what will happen. I am thinking to send another email.

Thanks a lot.

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Hi Dinesh,
Speed post takes time 15-20 days. I would advise you to use UPS/FEDEX next time to send any important documents. It is easy to track as you can find all tracking information on their website.

Wish you luck buddy.
Please let me know the documents and formats in which you've sent them with application.

Many thanks & Regards