+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accountant application to Canada

elaine39

Oct 28, 2010
Oh sorry!I just want to know if there's anybody here applying under NOC 1111 "accountant"?Actually, I'm currently working in Dubai and I'm a CPA in the Phils.I had my interview yesterday but I was so much disappointed with the outcome of my interview.The interviewer insisted that I need to have the apprenticeship for me to qualify as accountant in Canada?("that very moment I felt helpless and so so sad")I told her in Philippines you could be Certified as long as you passed the CPA licensure examination, unlike in Canada you do need to have the apprenticeship and training before you qualify as CGA.My interviewer told me that I might not qualify as Accountant due to lack of apprenticeship??I just don't understand because I have not only six years of experience as accountant in Dubai and Phils, but also years of experience as bookkeeper,accounts payable clerk and accounting clerk.Those who got their visa under NOC111, please share your experience especially those who are CPAs in Philippines.I dpn't really feel good by this time.I'm so worried!

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
elaine39 said:
Oh sorry!I just want to know if there's anybody here applying under NOC 1111 "accountant"?Actually, I'm currently working in Dubai and I'm a CPA in the Phils.I had my interview yesterday but I was so much disappointed with the outcome of my interview.The interviewer insisted that I need to have the apprenticeship for me to qualify as accountant in Canada?("that very moment I felt helpless and so so sad")I told her in Philippines you could be Certified as long as you passed the CPA licensure examination, unlike in Canada you do need to have the apprenticeship and training before you qualify as CGA.My interviewer told me that I might not qualify as Accountant due to lack of apprenticeship??I just don't understand because I have not only six years of experience as accountant in Dubai and Phils, but also years of experience as bookkeeper,accounts payable clerk and accounting clerk.Those who got their visa under NOC111, please share your experience especially those who are CPAs in Philippines.I dpn't really feel good by this time.I'm so worried!
Dear besides the issue u have mentioned, i fear that ACCOUNTANT category in not valid any more for Canadian immigration...effective from JUNE 2010
asyousuf

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
elaine39 said:
I applied nov 2008, so I believe my application is under the rule issued last feb 08.
ok. It is applicable only to those who applied on and after 26 June 2010

asyousuf

farhan.baig

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asyousuf said:
Dear besides the issue u have mentioned, i fear that ACCOUNTANT category in not valid any more for Canadian immigration...effective from JUNE 2010
asyousuf
Please share your medical experience.

Farhan

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
Hello elaine39

Actually Having an apprenticeship should not be essintial at all to qualify as an Accountant, I know many people how qualified as an Accountant with just B. COM. do you hane any academic qualification beside your CPA , like B.Com for example?

Moataz

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
elaine39 said:
What do you mean by B.COM?I am a BS in Accountancy graduate.
Bachelor of commerce-Major accounting, what do you mean by BS graduate ?
I think the Visa officer dosent have the right to refuse your application as you proved that you have performed Noc 1111 duties and also you are CPA.

what is your visa office ?

All best wishes to sail through

Good Luck

elaine39

Oct 28, 2010
BS means Bachelor of Science.London visa office.I am a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy graduate.
Thank you so much, I hope the decision is positive.

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
Where did you have your Interview ? , Are you based in Dubai or UK right now ?

What the VO mentioned is really silly, based on the information you provided you really are qualified to work as an accountant.
I really wish you all the best.

Let us know about the decision

Good Luck
Moataz

elaine39

Oct 28, 2010
Hi Moaaz,

I work here in Dubai.My interview held at Abu Dhabi.London is my visa office.With my skills and experience I firmly believe that I'm qualified.Only prayers could help.God bless us!

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
Elaine,

Did the interviewer tell you when you will know the decision?
also have you provided sufficient work experience evidence ( reference letters with detailed job duties) ?

Please share your timeline.

Just Pray and everything will be fine

Moataz

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I believe that what the IO was trying to say, that without a Canadian Accountancy qualification, you would not be able to work in accountancy in Canada. You need to research what additional qualifications you need. In your case, having so much experience, getting that extra qualification would not be hard.

This is very much like the medical profession, where even Doctors have to re study to gain the relevant qualifications to work in Canada.

Most Countries have their own standards, so it is well worth researching these standards before application.