+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying documents

dana2

May 17, 2016
I have asked this question in relation to another topic, but I think it deserves its special kinda topic, because the explanations on CIC's website are a tad confusing :)

So I have the following accompanying documents in respect of which I do not know how to further proceed:

- certified photocopies of marriage certificates, passports, etc. The documents are in English. Do I attach to the application photocopies of the certified photocopies (and keep the certified photocopies, as who knows, I may need them for something else) or I MUST attach the actual certified photocopies;

- certified translations of documents that are not in English. Do I attach to the application photocopies of the certified translations (and keep the certified translations, as who knows, I may need them for something else) or I MUST attach the actual certified translations;

Thank you!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
i would submit the original certified copies and keep any copies for yourself as proof. if there are "original" documents in the package, CIC should return them upon finalizing of the application.

dana2

May 17, 2016
Of course, submitting the originals is the best :p But is it actually required or not? ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure what part of `certified' you find confusing, but...if your instruction guide (for your country) says to send certified copies...send the certified copies, right?

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
You need to attach the actual certified photocopies..since they may asked for the originals upon interview...but its on a case to case basis..

dana2

May 17, 2016
dolly0530 said:
You need to attach the actual certified photocopies..since they may asked for the originals upon interview...but its on a case to case basis..
Ponga nailed it, what can I say :)

I was a little bit worried, because the certified translations and the certified photocopies, they are ALL printed on "A4 sized" paper. The rest of the application is printed on "letter sized" paper.

And for instance, when you sue somebody in Superior Court, well, one cannot file A4 docs. You are required to make simple photocopies of the A4 docs and attach those.

Henceforth, the fact that I am uncomfortable with attaching "A4 sized" docs to a "letter sized" application.

But then again, we are not here in Superior Court :)

Thanks everybody for your patience and understanding :)

P.S. Holly cr!p this is difficult to follow process! I have applied for US visas before (DS-160), and I am telling you, waaaaaaay simpler process, and waaaaaaaay less docs.