+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accidentally uploaded my expired passport

Bushberry

Feb 6, 2022
Hi guys,

I have submitted my citizenship application today. I just realized I uploaded my previous passport(expired) instead of my current valid one (the passport number that I typed in the application) as my identity documents. I am so worried right now if they are going to reject my application or charge me with misrepresentation. I am so dumb . I should have used my PR card instead. Is anyone know what I can do to help with my application now?
Their website says I could send them a web form. Yet another website says I should wait for the AOR. But would that be too late ? Or their CO will just send me a note of providing the right passport if I am being over optimistic..Thank you.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Not sure what happens next, but you cannot send a webform before you get your AOR, since you'll need your application number...

Reactions: Bushberry

May2021

Dec 23, 2021
I sent my current passport (I’ve only had it for a couple of years) with my application, but did not include my expired one. Once they had my application and I got an AOR, they sent me an email asking me to use the web form and send them the expired passport as well.

Reactions: Bushberry

Bushberry

Feb 6, 2022
That is a good news to me. Thank you so much for letting me know. Your reply made my day with a instant relief.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not sure what happens next, but you cannot send a webform before you get your AOR, since you'll need your application number...
You can send a web form before aor, but may be more complex for ircc to match with file or take longer. UCI should be enough though.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
You can send a web form before aor, but may be more complex for ircc to match with file or take longer. UCI should be enough though.
You can send a webform, but it does not mean they can or will find your file, or even reply.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You can send a webform, but it does not mean they can or will find your file, or even reply.
Yes, there's no guarantee. However, they do at least seem to attempt to connect to the file submissions (success at doing so is considerably better than zero).

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
Please send a webform ASAP and ensure to include the required passport and letter of explanation explaining the mistake. For me I made the mistake at the later stage when I had completed my test and they requested for copies of my passport. This was over 1year after application submission. What was on my application was different from what I had provided. Luckily I caught it quickly, sent out a webform with accurate passport and LOE and the rest is history. At most it would be returned back early enough before going far in the process. Don't beat yourself we are human. I am super meticulous yet I made that error.