+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepted (Permanent Residency) ? Police Certificate with cancelled Passport number

cortex471

Mar 8, 2018
Hi,

I hope someone can advise if this will be acceptable by CIC, here is my case:

- I got ITA and started to fill the form and prepare documents
- My passport (used to enter Canada) has less than 6 months before expiry from the point of ITA, I issued a new passport remotely because having a passport with plenty of time in it is better.
- At the same I started Police Clearance certificate process from back home, extremely slow and painful process especially that it was issued also remotely (I did not travel back home but hired a representative).
- New passport was issued before clearance certificate, the older one now has 'cancelled' stamp on it.
- Then after much waiting, clearance finally arrived (with the cancelled passport number on it) and I don't have enough time in application countdown to issue new clearance using new passport.

Will this clearance certificate be accepted by CIC ?

Thanks,

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hi,

I hope someone can advise if this will be acceptable by CIC, here is my case:

- I got ITA and started to fill the form and prepare documents
- My passport (used to enter Canada) has less than 6 months before expiry from the point of ITA, I issued a new passport remotely because having a passport with plenty of time in it is better.
- At the same I started Police Clearance certificate process from back home, extremely slow and painful process especially that it was issued also remotely (I did not travel back home but hired a representative).
- New passport was issued before clearance certificate, the older one now has 'cancelled' stamp on it.
- Then after much waiting, clearance finally arrived (with the cancelled passport number on it) and I don't have enough time in application countdown to issue new clearance using new passport.

Will this clearance certificate be accepted by CIC ?

Thanks,

Should be fine as long as the Police certificate is not older than 6 months.

Reactions: cortex471